No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Turbo
Currency
$
I love these exercises. I think studying them makes all of us better players.

$20 buy in, 6max sit and go, 5 players left, blinds 10/20

Villain in MP open limps and I'm on the button with AQs. I raise to 82 and all players fold except villain who calls.

Flop is very wet. Even though I have a strong hand preflop there is too good a chance that he has some piece of this.

Turn- There are now 3 clubs on the board and I have none and have not improved. I check.

River- The board paired and it's checked to me. If villain has any piece of this I think he is calling, even if I bet the pot as I have not shown any strength,
so I check it behind him.

I wish I could see my C-bet percentage, but I only can play on my mobile. If I don't like the flop I have no problem checking. I also tend to raise in smaller amounts preflop to keep the pot less volatile. Some may say I am leaving money on the table if not C-betting enough. That does not mean that don't steal the pot if I see an opportunity, or delay C-bet the turn. Thoughts?

There are so many poor players that will call any draw on the flop when you C-bet, then bet the turn when you checked.

pokerstars, $18.50 + $1.50 - Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

igreedy412 (UTG): 1,085 (54 bb)
cloverlylane1 (MP): 2,045 (102 bb)
MunEGruuber (CO): 1,690 (85 bb)
runningqueens (BU): 1,490 (75 bb)
GraceeETucker$ (SB): 1,125 (56 bb)
mistypedinfo (BB): 1,565 (78 bb)

Pre-Flop: (30) Hero (runningqueens) is BTN with A Q
1 fold, cloverlylane1 (MP) calls 20, 1 fold, runningqueens (BU) raises to 82, 2 players fold, cloverlylane1 (MP) calls 62

Flop: (194) J T 8 (2 players)
cloverlylane1 (MP) checks, runningqueens (BU) checks

Turn:
(194) 6 (2 players)

River:
(194) 6 (2 players)

Total pot:

Showdown:
runningqueens (BU) mucks A Q (a pair of Sixes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 74%, Flop: 43%, Turn: 25%, River: 0%)

cloverlylane1 (MP) shows 8 A (two pair, Eights and Sixes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 26%, Flop: 57%, Turn: 75%, River: 100%)

cloverlylane1 (MP) wins 194

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard isolation and nice sizing. Dont want to go smaller than this, when we are 75BB effective.

Flop
We are not C-betting a coordinated flop like this, if we missed completely. But that being said AQ flopped a dubble gutter with two overs, which certainly does not qualify as "missing". So I lean towards a C-bet here to build the pot, but checking back is also ok.

Turn
6c did not add any value to your hand, so as played I see no point in making a delayed C-bet. The plan now is to try to realise our equity, and AQ also has some showdown value, so we dont always need to hit to win.

River
Same as the turn. Your hand is to in between to suddenly bet now. You are not representing anything other than maybe a random 6X, and for that reason he is never folding a better hand and usually also not calling with worse. So just check back and hope, he show something, you beat. This will happen more often, than people think, since people dont always bluff, even when they dont have showdown value. So sometimes he will turn over A5 or KQ or whatever, and you win a small pot unimproved.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Standard isolation and nice sizing. Dont want to go smaller than this, when we are 75BB effective.

Flop
We are not C-betting a coordinated flop like this, if we missed completely. But that being said AQ flopped a dubble gutter with two overs, which certainly does not qualify as "missing". So I lean towards a C-bet here to build the pot, but checking back is also ok.

Turn
6c did not add any value to your hand, so as played I see no point in making a delayed C-bet. The plan now is to try to realise our equity, and AQ also has some showdown value, so we dont always need to hit to win.

River
Same as the turn. Your hand is to in between to suddenly bet now. You are not representing anything other than maybe a random 6X, and for that reason he is never folding a better hand and usually also not calling with worse. So just check back and hope, he show something, you beat. This will happen more often, than people think, since people dont always bluff, even when they dont have showdown value. So sometimes he will turn over A5 or KQ or whatever, and you win a small pot unimproved.
Yes, I figured if villain had any piece of this he is calling my bet. Trying to make a better hand fold is too risky. I wish I could track my stats, but I can't play on my desktop. Is kind of frustrating.