$2 r1+1a HU with a big draw

K

KronX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would anyone shove here? I have a opened St8/ flush draw. He has only min reraised me twice, I fold once and I rerasied the other time and he folded. Would just calling and reevaluate on the turn be a better option?

full tilt poker Game #5936620870: $2 + $0.25 Rebuy (1r+1a) (45085195), Table 12 - 5000/10000 Ante 1000 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:09:09 ET - 2008/04/07
Seat 1: KronX (312,904)
Seat 6: Mr Hussell (236,596)
KronX antes 1,000
Mr Hussell antes 1,000
Mr Hussell posts the small blind of 5,000
KronX posts the big blind of 10,000
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KronX [6s Js]
Mr Hussell raises to 20,000
KronX calls 10,000
*** FLOP *** [9d 8s 7s]
KronX bets 20,000
Mr Hussell raises to 40,000
KronX raises to 291,904, and is all in

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big overbet says a big draw to me. You are only going to get called by really good hands. I'd prefer to call and see the turn.

newfyninja

newfyninja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the shove is a horrible play. I'd probably just call and if my card came on the turn try for a check-raise or an overbet on the river to make it look like a steal.

I do think that if you're called you're behind and then you have to catch versus a more conservative play that might pay off better with a better hand by waiting a card or two.

AlexeiVronsky

AlexeiVronsky

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like pushing in with the str/flush draw it makes sure you get paid off if you hit your hand if you're called and if you don't get called you picked up the pot in which you likely only had a small advantage on the flop, and if you wait for the turn and don't hit you're probably at 2:1 against, and if you do hit it's quite possible you won't get paid off. Obviously you have to be worried about a bigger flush draw, a set, or a made straight here, but you're heads up so you're much more likely to be facing an overpair, or any pair on the board. If they do have a big hand and you get called you're still probably 2:1 or so to win it. Personally if I had to put them on anything with the limited information to go by, judging by how they played it I'd put them on either an overpair or a set, the overpair being statistically more likely. But I haven't seen how they've been playing prior to this so that could be completely inaccurate.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big overbet says a big draw to me. You are only going to get called by really good hands. I'd prefer to call and see the turn.

^^^ No way, we lose a whole load of equity if the turn is a blank. I prefer to see a shove now while we are favourite in the hand. Even if we are only called by a 'really big hand', we still have 15 clean outs, which equates to us being about a 53% fav.

If we wait until the turn, our equity plummets to a point where we are 33% fav or something like that. We are also less likely to be called if we bet a turn card that hits us since the flush will be suspicious and if we hit the straight there will be 4 to a straight on board reducing the likelyhood of us being called