$2 NLHE Turbo: 22 on the BTN hitting a set of the turn, mid levels of SnG

A

Always_Raise_U

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE Turbo: 22 on the BTN hitting a set of the turn, mid levels of SnG

We're in a turbo 2$+.25 SnG mid stages and I doubled up in the very first hands with QQ. The CO seems to be a bit loose having tripled up with KJo earlier against 2 opponents cold calling a 3.5BB bet OOP (MP2) preflop and hitting lucky gutshot on turn.

Stacks:
* Craner77 with 4655
* BTN with 2830
* SB with 1465
* BB with 1405
* UTG with 1785
* MP with 1360

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
Dealt to BTN:2♠ 2♣
* * Sklansky group 7
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * craner77 calls [60] Hero calls [60]
* * BB checks
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 3
* * Potsize: 210
Flop: 3♥ J♦ 6♦
* * BB checks
* * Craner77 checks Hero checks
* * Potsize: 210
Turn: 2♥
* * BB checks
* * craner77 bets [120]
* * 1 players fold, hero ???

Great, I hit my set on the turn, Now I want to win as much as I can while protecting my hand against the flush draws and this villain just bets in the pot, what would be the best line here ?

Also, if the turn is 9h, completing the flush draw, should I still be aggressive with my hands or should I just go check/call if villain simply called a raise on the turn ?

TIA,

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great, I hit my set on the turn, Now I want to win as much as I can while protecting my hand against the flush draws and this villain just bets in the pot, what would be the best line here ?

You have 2 desires competing against each other here, maximum win (if you win) vs protecting your hand. Pick one or the other. With the 3 draws on the board plus possibly being behind to an over set or ST8 I think you need info on whether your set is good. It's highly doubtful that either has the ST8 or set of Js or 2P but a set of 3s (for BB) or 6s (for CO) are a worry. With the read on the CO, would he fold Ah4h-Ah5h-AhJh to a pot+ bet? How likely is the bet by the CO just a tester to see if he can take the hand? You have also discounted the BB here with no info. How likely is it that either will stack w/ just TP? IMHO the aggressive line would be to bet 560 and call any shove by either. Passive line would be to call the 120 and see the river.

Also, if the turn is 9h, completing the flush draw, should I still be aggressive with my hands or should I just go check/call if villain simply called a raise on the turn ?

Assume you really meant if the river is a 9h. If neither bet the 9h then I'd put in a value bet here and it would depend on the size of the turn raise that was called and the size of the river bet if I would call.

R

RiverJunkie77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
definately raise the turn as there is 2 flush draws and str8 draws out there so if ur opponents going to draw then make him pay. If he smooth calls and a heart or diamond hits and ur opponent checks then i would still bet in position as its highly unlikely that ur opponent would hit his flush and check so i would bet about half the pot (whatever that would be at this point) and if then ur opponent check raised u i would be willing to fold as he is only raising u with a hand that beats a set of deuces.