$2 NLHE STT Turbo: Pocket Kings- Ace hits when you have an awkward stack

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: Pocket Kings- Ace hits when you have an awkward stack

So the reason I am posting this hand is that I don't know what I would have done if villain had just CALLED my bet instead of shoved. I'm going to reveal what my opponent hand because it may help explain what my dilemma is- Villain had QQ (highlight to see). The thing is, had he just called my bet, I don't know how I would have played the flop. If I check, it opens me up to being outplayed- he may even think his hand is good, and bluff me without knowing it. But at the same time, a tester bet would essentially commit me to this pot. Maybe the problem is in my preflop raise? Should I just shove in that spot? I was thinking about it but it seemed like an overbet...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 25/50 Blinds (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
CO (t1315)
Button (t1445)
Hero (SB) (t1405)
BB (t1205)
UTG (t1510)
MP1 (t5025)
MP2 (t1595)
Hero's M: 18.73
Preflop: Hero is SB with K
spade.gif
, K
club.gif

1 fold, MP1 bets t150, 3 folds, Hero raises to t400, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t1400, Hero raises to t1405 (All-In), MP1 calls t5
Flop: (t2860) A
club.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Turn: (t2860) 5
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
River: (t2860) 4
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: t2860

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shoving preflop is what I would have done. You played it fine. Loose table...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shoving? lol.

when an ace hits in these $2 things, you need to be very worried, ace rags are a huge chunk of their range, so it's time to slow down. you can perhaps check/call one street if it's not going to cost you folding equity at a later stage, but generally if they are betting, sure sometimes they may be bluffing, and/or betting with a hand they think is best. In the long run, to check, and most probably, fold.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shoving? lol.

when an ace hits in these $2 things, you need to be very worried, ace rags are a huge chunk of their range, so it's time to slow down. you can perhaps check/call one street if it's not going to cost you folding equity at a later stage, but generally if they are betting, sure sometimes they may be bluffing, and/or betting with a hand they think is best. In the long run, to check, and most probably, fold.

Just to be clear, were you implying that I definitely should shove this pre or that shoving would be too much of an overbet/losing value on the hand?