$2 NLHE STT Turbo: KQs in the BB facing minraise from tight UTG, 4 BBs left

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: KQs in the BB facing minraise from tight UTG, 4 BBs left

I was real torn on what to do here because on one hand I know I'm usually behind but on the other hand I have so few BBs....I shoved and hoped to see JJ, TT, or any other low pocket pair. Standard?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 120/240 Blinds (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
UTG (t1840)
MP (t2070)
Button (t5654)
SB (t2730)
Hero (BB) (t1206)
Hero's M: 3.35
Preflop: Hero is BB with Q
club.gif
, K
club.gif

UTG bets t480, 3 folds, Hero raises to t1206 (All-In), UTG calls t726
Flop: (t2532) 8
diamond.gif
, 10
club.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Turn: (t2532) 7
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
River: (t2532) 3
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: t2532

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, even though we're short, we need to fold... I'd rather push my next SB or BTN with any two cards than take a near guaranteed gamble here where we're most certainly behind.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no reads? what is he shoving here? in any case, this is likely a fold. his range is heavily weighted towards AQ+ 66+ type hands. id rather shove a hand like 76s, that way, were not dominated so often. he picks up hands like AK AQ way more often than Jacks and 10's. Though the fact he raised here instead of shovings, leads me to believe his range is much wider than i mentioned, and he could probably fold to a shove, so who knows, we might just have fold equity here too.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no reads? what is he shoving here? in any case, this is likely a fold. his range is heavily weighted towards AQ+ 66+ type hands. id rather shove a hand like 76s, that way, were not dominated so often. he picks up hands like AK AQ way more often than Jacks and 10's. Though the fact he raised here instead of shovings, leads me to believe his range is much wider than i mentioned, and he could probably fold to a shove, so who knows, we might just have fold equity here too.

He had shown down only a couple hands and I think they were from the blinds, so I was treating him like a standard sng player. Looking back, I guess it's probably a fold, I think I still have this idea in my head that when I'm <10 BBs and I see paint like that I have to get it in.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not against a range your behind, definately better off folding in the long run, remember in the turbo's, you will often find yourself working with stack sizes under 5bb's and regularly folding in the BB with a 3bb stack. it's going to happen :D

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The min raise is interesting especially since villain is short too and should be shoving like a9s+ ATo+, 66+ etc. Min raises are prob standard at this level but villain is firing like a fourth of his stack utg so unless villain is someone who's raising a lot, he's probably just hoping someone wool shove over him. I admit we might have fold equity but I just see him calling our shove with stuff that has us beat