$2 NLHE STT Turbo: Bubble Play: K7o, equal short stack still present

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: Bubble Play: K7o, equal short stack still present

Pretty bad mistake here I think, but my thinking was that I needed to make a move soon, I still had SOME fold equity, and K7o is ahead of most random hands. Still, I think I should have paid more attention to the blinds here- if I were at 5 BBs, then I think this play would be good, but I had about 7 so I think I could have waited a bit longer.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 120/240 Blinds (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com
SB (t4165)
BB (t5855)
UTG (t1760)
Hero (Button) (t1720)
Hero's M: 4.78
Preflop: Hero is Button with 7
club.gif
, K
heart.gif

1 fold, Hero bets t1720 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls t1480
Flop: (t3560) 3
diamond.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 2
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Turn: (t3560) 9
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
River: (t3560) A
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)
Total pot: t3560

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, shoving here isn't great. Shoving into big stacks means they will probably call you lighter on average than a shorter stack. Also were not really in bad shape here, equal stacks with the other villian. If it was SB vs BB then id shove the K7, but here it's a fold id shove like KJs, A7s+, were shoving a tighter range due to the blinds probably calling us loose, and the fact that were in decent shape. If there was an ante present it gets closer to a shove here. And if the blinds are total nits, then it becomes close to a shove. If you had 5bb's in this spot, it's probably close to an anytwo shove.