$2 NLHE STT Turbo: AA first hand

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE STT Turbo: AA first hand

I knoww I'm going to get yelled at for limping with aces but I figured I was in the CO and a raise had already been made which should force out the awful hands. The fact that I gave the button and blinds odds to join the pot seemed to be a minimal risk considering ALOT of players are willing to stack off early and against my aces it would give me a chance to get a comfortable stack early on.

Aside from that fact, how did I play the hand? I think my flop raise should have been higher, maybe 270? Should I shove turn? I kept from shoving the turn because the J was a pretty safe card. Thoughts?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.25 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com
SB (t1500)
BB (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
UTG+1 (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1500)
MP3 (t1500)
Hero (CO) (t1500)
Button (t1500)
Hero's M: 33.33
Preflop: Hero is CO with A
heart.gif
, A
diamond.gif

3 folds, MP2 bets t90, 1 fold, Hero calls t90, Button calls t90, 2 folds
Flop: (t315) 2
heart.gif
, 7
club.gif
, 5
club.gif
(3 players)
MP2 bets t90, Hero raises to t240, Button calls t240, 1 fold
Turn: (t885) J
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t600, Button calls t600
River: (t2085) Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets t570 (All-In), Button calls t570 (All-In)
Total pot: t3225

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, i cant really think of many reasons not to 3bet preflop, your costing yourself value, and it's harder to get 75 bb's in postflop, since most players at this level are Loose/Passive.

Id make my turn bet a little smaller, which sets up a decent shove on the river. your flop raise looks ok to me. since it's a pretty dry board, in the fact that hes more likely to be raising with Ax/face cards, flush draw is a concern, but he wont have straight draws very often, i think sets reraise the flop too. but yeah, probably a little bigger would be ideal, 270 looks good.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, i cant really think of many reasons not to 3bet preflop, your costing yourself value, and it's harder to get 75 bb's in postflop, since most players at this level are Loose/Passive.

Id make my turn bet a little smaller, which sets up a decent shove on the river. your flop raise looks ok to me. since it's a pretty dry board, in the fact that hes more likely to be raising with Ax/face cards, flush draw is a concern, but he wont have straight draws very often, i think sets reraise the flop too. but yeah, probably a little bigger would be ideal, 270 looks good.

If I did 3bet preflop, should that be to 270 also? Also, if he had re-raised the flop, could I have gotten away from this hand? I feel like ace high flush draws, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, and even 99 might make the same play.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
300 odd would be about right. no, shove, get it in. hell make that play with A7 A5 lots of random junk, you have so much equity here v a random $2 player that you cannot ever consider folding.

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love it when people post ridiculously standard hands where they lost.

Your line is fine but 3 bet pre to about 200-300

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i love it when people post ridiculously standard hands where they lost.

Your line is fine but 3 bet pre to about 200-300

Sorry if it's "ridiculously standard" to you, but I'm not that good yet.

And for the record, I won the hand, but I'm not results-oriented. Villain had AQ of clubs.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the record, I don't like flatting, because it decreases the value of our hand, and it makes it harder to get our chips in by the river. But you weren't asking advice about that, :p

I do think I'd like a bigger raise on the flop, both to price out the draws and to set up a shove on the turn.

rcrocketman

rcrocketman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play that hand the same way when I want to try to suck out more chips and would bet 300 flop , then I can shove next card, if I think I didnt loose all my hands value

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands