$2 NLHE Rebuy: Quadruple All-In

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
questions!

for the people saying easy call, how deep do effective stacks have to be for you to fold (if you think that such a point exists)?

50-6003.jpg

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uncle Sam wants us to stay in the hand.

FWIW, my kneejerk reaction to this hand was: Shove.. we must have the largest equity in this hand, but I didn't know if that is good tourney strategy. Tourney players came in to make the very reasonable argument to not take this risk and wait for a spot with a better likely outcome.

To be honest I still don't see (as a cash player) why tourneys are really different than cash in the end. In a cash game I think the money goes in because with all those stacks out 40%ish equity makes us money in the end. Seeing as we also want to WIN tourneys I thought it was a good risk.

Last edited:
rileyl

rileyl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is still going lol! I still stand by my orginal opinion that in this situation (A $2 DOLLAR REBUY) it has to be a shove. Ranges are just to wide and I just don't think the tourney life argument is a very good one.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMHO at this point in the tournament our decisions are cEV based and since our hand crushes the ranges of the initial raiser and the over-shover, All-In (yes the AI is superfluous but do it anyway).

FTP_TheNuts

FTP_TheNuts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too much thinking ITT, not enough shoving

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
1 fold, UTG+1 bets t350, 1 fold, MP2 raises to t5730 (All-In), Hero calls

Why oh WHY aren't you shipping it here to at least try and isolate? In the $2 rebuy, during the rebuy period, I'm shoving AK 100% of the time without a 2nd thought no matter what the action is ahead of me.[/quote]

His call is bigger than the remaining stacks.... how does he iso? hello!

PoKeRFoRNiA

PoKeRFoRNiA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why oh WHY aren't you shipping it here to at least try and isolate? In the $2 rebuy, during the rebuy period, I'm shoving AK 100% of the time without a 2nd thought no matter what the action is ahead of me.

His call is bigger than the remaining stacks.... how does he iso? hello!

OP mentioned that rebuy period was over.