CO (t6470)
Button (t8385)
SB (t4560)

Heerow's M: 17.31

Preflop: Heerow is UTG+1 with Q
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif

1 fold, Heerow bets t400, 4 folds, Button raises to t1120, SB calls t1040, 1 fold, Heerow...?

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The SB's flat call scares the hell outta me, you may well be ahead here but you dont really have the stack to find out without risking it all. Neither do you have the stack to take a flop and fold. Its a difficult situation but unless you know the button to be a bully and the sb to be a fool! the conservative safe play here is to let it go. Hard to do I know.
Im interested to hear what others would do here

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reads/stats would be helpful.

tbh the 180man structure becomes so step in a few level i really like geting it in here.
Even if he just has a nitty JJ+/AKo+ range where still flipping and doubling up at this point sets us up nicely for a ITM/FT finish.

Im not to worried about SB since the average 2$ player is probably flatting any pair AQ+ here and thats a range we have crushed, i just dont see him doing this to often with KK/AA.

So yeah i just 4bet shove here and expect to be called by BTNs TT+,AK and SBs ocasional AQ,99 ect(i expect SB to fold more often then he call)...

But any reads/stats would obvs change the analysis.

S

Syfted

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What line would you suggest, assuming SB is stationish with a VPIP over 40, when button has stats of:
a) 40/16
b) 30/12
c) 50/9
d) 14/11

and assuming the 3bet stat is inaccurate due to small sample size?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What line would you suggest, assuming SB is stationish with a VPIP over 40, when button has stats of:
a) 40/16
b) 30/12
c) 50/9
d) 14/11

and assuming the 3bet stat is inaccurate due to small sample size?
If SB is a station i get it in against all above.
And even if BTN is a 7/5 or something the dead money the SB station is supplying to the pot means we should just about still get it in against a KK+/AK range.

The 3bet stats will never be super accurate unless u have 500+ hands but seeing villain 3bet ones with AK or JJ or just the fact he he has atleast one 3bet in like 40hands is still worth noting imo.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a 180 man SNG, the blinds go up in a hurry and you have to capitalize on your good hands. The average stack, in the money (18 players) is $15k, if you triple up this hand, you will have almost 13k+ and can cruise into the money and hopefully the final table.

To me QQ is strong enough in this situation to shove and take that shot. The SB's flat call is not AA or KK 'cause they should shove all in to isolate the button, if they don't that's a mistake.

I don't think you are going to find a better spot to triple up. Go for it.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me QQ is strong enough in this situation to shove and take that shot. The SB's flat call is not AA or KK 'cause they should shove all in to isolate the button, if they don't that's a mistake.

I don't think you are going to find a better spot to triple up. Go for it.

Absolutely agree.

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most the time u have the SB beat because i cant see him smooth calling with KK or AA and the 3 bet could be a hand like AQ or AK and with the money in the pot and the rate that the blinds increase in the 180 man toruneys i would shove it in here fully expecting 2 calls and taking the risk that the original 3 better does not have AA or KK.

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not feel comfortable about the call after rais-rerais.. I would fold pocket queens.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not feel comfortable about the call after rais-rerais.. I would fold pocket queens.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA... You're going to fold pocket queens, THE 3RD BEST HAND IN POKER, just because someone 3-bet you and another person called.

I can not get it in fast enough, insta push... Good time for a triple up too.

B

bertschejv

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, I agree, in that situation, no way I'm folding QQ

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on the shove boat. It seems way nitty to fold Q's in a $2 sng without a strong read.

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unless you have a great read on them, theyre is absolutely no reason to fold queens like that. in your case i would have called, not because i am inexperienced, but because you have to go in sometimes, and if not then o n QQ when will you be able to?

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

tbh the 180man structure becomes so step in a few level i really like geting it in here.
Even if he just has a nitty JJ+/AKo+ range where still flipping and doubling up at this point sets us up nicely for a ITM/FT finish.

Im not to worried about SB since the average 2$ player is probably flatting any pair AQ+ here and thats a range we have crushed, i just dont see him doing this to often with KK/AA.

So yeah i just 4bet shove here and expect to be called by BTNs TT+,AK and SBs ocasional AQ,99 ect(i expect SB to fold more often then he call)...

But any reads/stats would obvs change the analysis.

^^^This - great starting hand, stats would help but I don't have them right now myself on my new laptop yet. So yes, not worried about sb at all, shove it and hope lady luck smiles upon you!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My opinion... the answer varies with buyin level. THis is a $2 180plyr.,.. anything is possible.
What would SB be flatting here with? Could he have AA, KK... umm.. yes he could if he was thinking/hoping that you'll shove over. Are there many Trappy-type players in low limits... um.. yah (but not nearly as many as there are overly loose-aggress-spewtards << I call them yo-yo's because they get onto a nice stack & then spew it off shortly thereafter).

I don't think this spot is quite as simple as most are suggesting here although with it being a $2 SNG I would be shoving in this spot.