$2 NLHE: QQ in late stage of 2$ SnG vs LAG player

A

Always_Raise_U

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE: QQ in late stage of 2$ SnG vs LAG player

I'm in the late stage of a 2$ SnG on FTP and it's been folded to me in SB, The blinds are 100/200 and I barely have 10BB left. I am dealt pocket Q's, There is also a micro stack at the table...

I could push and be a large favorite against the LAG opponent range OR I could fold and wait until the micro stack get knocked out, making it ITM but with a small stack. What would be the best move ?

Stacks:
* BB with 6115
* UTG with 4470
* BTN with 620
* SB with 2295

Blinds:100/200
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to SB:Q♦ Q♣
* * Sklansky group 1
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold, Hero ???

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make your standard raise and shove if the BB 3-bets.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make your standard raise and shove if the BB 3-bets.

^^^^^This. Or even push preflop. This will make the decision on the flop for you. I push if I think he will call with almost ATC. If he sucks out on you or has AA, KK , or AK than so be it.
I would never fold there. You aren't trying to just make the money in this situation, you are trying to win. Making money playing SNG's is all about getting first and second, not just getting ITM. Play to win!

If he calls and the flop looks non threatening enough, either push(maybe the safest play). Or if you think he's aggressive enough to bet anything, check-raise him all in.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I squeak ITM and try to advance from there, but the situation you describe is not one of them.

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...Or limp in and try to slowplay your QQ.
Gotta say this could go wrong...:D

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...Or limp in and try to slowplay your QQ.
Gotta say this could go wrong...:D

I really wouldn't do this - If you limp and hit a dangerous flop it'll be tough to put your opponent on a hand. I agree with raising then pushing if you get popped.

A

Always_Raise_U

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for your answers and advice, turns out that I pushed and villain sucked out...

But as someone said, that's the name of the game... variance :D

R

RiverJunkie77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
many ways to play it (folding not one of the ways) I like to limp in from the SB and this shows weakness. I like to give the aggressive BB a chance to raise weak and then shove on him and pick u some more money. Or u could make a standard 3xBB raise and call if he 3bet shoves.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
many ways to play it (folding not one of the ways) I like to limp in from the SB and this shows weakness. I like to give the aggressive BB a chance to raise weak and then shove on him and pick u some more money. Or u could make a standard 3xBB raise and call if he 3bet shoves.

Or the BB could check, and hit his weak two pair on the flop. I hate slow playing big pocket pairs.