$2 NLHE MTT Turbo: Slowplay working out really well

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand is from one of the new 2$ 18-45 man "on demand" turbo SnGs on pokerstars. To be honest I was not paying full attention, since I mostly use these to fill in the gaps between higher buyin SnGs. So I failed to notice, we were 4 to the flop, and thats why I bet when checked to by the preflop raiser. This is not a good bet, so dont do this at home.

However the fun part of the hand is, how BTN played it. If he had raised me on the flop or put in a real bet on the turn instead of a small "teaser", I would have folded, and he would not have gotten action from me on the river. So he got exactly, what he was looking for - except for the result I guess :D:D:D

CardsChat Poker Hands Converter

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find most low buy in tournaments will pay out with slow play because the players who knows the difference play at a higher stake.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really bad slow playing. I find that slow playing in micro and low buy in tournaments almost never good, and if someone have something in his hands, he will pay any raise, if doesn’t he will fold anyway.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really bad slow playing. I find that slow playing in micro and low buy in tournaments almost never good, and if someone have something in his hands, he will pay any raise, if doesn’t he will fold anyway.

To be fair his just call on the flop is fine, because its a dry board, the SPR is low, he have position, and there are two more players in the hand, that he want to give a chance to get involved. However on the turn, when I check to him, its time to put the hammer down, and personally I would just jam, since he only had a pot sized bet left. If anyone had top pair, he would for sure get paid, and if someone picked up backdoor clubs, he actually want them to fold or at least pay to draw with incorrect odds.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd also be jamming the turn with the SPR right at 1/1.

This is similar to hands I have played recently. Although my hands are 2 pair rather than sets, they play out similarly.

I've been flopping top & bottom, or top two however I'm hardly ever (under 10%) slowplaying.

Something like A/9 in the bb or btn on a A93 rainbow board. I will lead or check-raise the flop, normally get check raised back - depending on the situation either pile right here on the flop - or get it in on the turn.

Villain will show up with a big Ace AJ+ - and OFTEN pair his kicker.

Is there anything to do in a spot like this to avoid - giving the villain a double up, or going broke? I guess slow-playing is the only alternative to possibly keeping some level of control in a pot like this.