$2 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Early in MTT, getting it in good

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
The only decision I faced here was do I shove or flat in this situation?

BTN: 19.8 BB (VPIP: 15, PFR: 10)
Hero (SB): 22.8 BB
BB: 37.38 BB (VPIP: 18, PFR: 18)
UTG: 54.33 BB
UTG+1: 64.3 BB
MP: 11.55 BB
MP+1: 22.13 BB
MP+2: 12 BB
CO: 32 BB

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has K
diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+2 raises to 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, BTN raises to 6.75 BB, Hero calls 6.25 BB, BB raises to 37.28 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, BTN calls 12.95 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 15.95 BB and is all-in

(69.99 BB, 3 players)

Board: 2
club.gif
J
diamond.gif
club.gif
club.gif
Q
diamond.gif

BTN shows K
spade.gif
T
spade.gif
(Straight, King High)
Hero shows K
diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif
(High Card, Ace)
BB shows Q
heart.gif
A
heart.gif
(One Pair, Queens)

BTN wins 64.01 BB
BB wins 5.99 BB

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Awards
Jam it in,
this is also pretty easy math problem that you could solve using calculator and equilab.
Good Luck!

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Awards
I would have done shove in the first instance. Against one your chances are much better. In any case, I don't think anything would have changed, the big blind probably wouldn't have folded and the btn was already committed

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Awards
That is such a clear cut case of shoving all in. Effective stacks are pretty short and you have a premium hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
With your stack size and the action in front - the buttons range is definitely the widest. AK is a tier holding and should be regarded as such. It blocks combos of Aces and Kings and has a 45% equity against QQ - clear shove on our stack size. Flatting only allows multiple opponents a chance to hit the flop and when we shove here the point is to get this pot heads up or take it down now if possible. We shove - the big blind rejams, then the button should fold quickly here. You have both opponents hands in pretty rough shape but we still dont want to take AK 3 ways in this spot if we dont have to. 4bet shove and let everything else play out as it may.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
With 20bb stack and 4bb already in the pot, I prefer a jam here. Call/fold the flop with AKs here for 30% of our stack is not the way to play IMO. AKs has great equity in all in situations with these kind of stack sizes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Awards
I am always pushing in a situation like this. Its certainly +EV, and then I have no more complicated decisions to make later in the hand. For me a hand like this play itself. Its not even something, I think about in real time.

Maybe if there was already a jam and a call in front of me, I might consider folding, especially if it was on the bubble. But otherwise I am more than happy to get AK in for up to around 40BB or even more depending on the situation.