$2 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Early in MTT, getting it in good

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only decision I faced here was do I shove or flat in this situation?

BTN: 19.8 BB (VPIP: 15, PFR: 10)
Hero (SB): 22.8 BB
BB: 37.38 BB (VPIP: 18, PFR: 18)
UTG: 54.33 BB
UTG+1: 64.3 BB
MP: 11.55 BB
MP+1: 22.13 BB
MP+2: 12 BB
CO: 32 BB

9 players post ante of 0.1 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.4 BB) Hero has K
diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+2 raises to 2 BB, CO calls 2 BB, BTN raises to 6.75 BB, Hero calls 6.25 BB, BB raises to 37.28 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, BTN calls 12.95 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 15.95 BB and is all-in

(69.99 BB, 3 players)

Board: 2
club.gif
J
diamond.gif
club.gif
club.gif
Q
diamond.gif

BTN shows K
spade.gif
T
spade.gif
(Straight, King High)
Hero shows K
diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif
(High Card, Ace)
BB shows Q
heart.gif
A
heart.gif
(One Pair, Queens)

BTN wins 64.01 BB
BB wins 5.99 BB

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jam it in,
this is also pretty easy math problem that you could solve using calculator and equilab.
Good Luck!

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have done shove in the first instance. Against one your chances are much better. In any case, I don't think anything would have changed, the big blind probably wouldn't have folded and the btn was already committed

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is such a clear cut case of shoving all in. Effective stacks are pretty short and you have a premium hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With your stack size and the action in front - the buttons range is definitely the widest. AK is a tier holding and should be regarded as such. It blocks combos of Aces and Kings and has a 45% equity against QQ - clear shove on our stack size. Flatting only allows multiple opponents a chance to hit the flop and when we shove here the point is to get this pot heads up or take it down now if possible. We shove - the big blind rejams, then the button should fold quickly here. You have both opponents hands in pretty rough shape but we still dont want to take AK 3 ways in this spot if we dont have to. 4bet shove and let everything else play out as it may.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 20bb stack and 4bb already in the pot, I prefer a jam here. Call/fold the flop with AKs here for 30% of our stack is not the way to play IMO. AKs has great equity in all in situations with these kind of stack sizes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am always pushing in a situation like this. Its certainly +EV, and then I have no more complicated decisions to make later in the hand. For me a hand like this play itself. Its not even something, I think about in real time.

Maybe if there was already a jam and a call in front of me, I might consider folding, especially if it was on the bubble. But otherwise I am more than happy to get AK in for up to around 40BB or even more depending on the situation.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop easy push. Your had a nut hand in this stacks.