$2 NLHE: Bad call?

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NL HE: Bad call?

Ugh 27 hands into another 2 table SnG. As I'm sure you can guess, I'm not doing well today...taking a break after this post. I'm starting to absolutely hate the blinds because they are trapping me by tantalizing me with the board. Was this an obvious fold on the river?

Stacks:

* SB with 915
* BB with 1395
* UTG with 1810
* MP with 1670
* KGHARM with 3255
* BTN with 4455

hand.pl

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: full tilt poker
* * Dealt to BB:5♣ K♦
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * kgharm calls [60] BTN calls [60] Hero checks
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 3
* * Potsize: 210
Flop: Q♠ 5♥ A♦ Hero checks
* * KGHARM checks BTN checks
Turn: 8♥ Hero checks
River: K♠ Hero bets [210]
* * 2 players fold.
BTN raises to 600 Hero calls [390]
* * Total folds this street: 1
Results:

The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are OOP with a weak 2 pair, check/call a value bet on the river here. As played, yep fold to the reraise as you'll still have an M>10.

This flop & turn is ripe for a LP slow play to see if they can trap anyone. If you had checked the river and BTN had made a 125 value bet, you could call. If you had checked the river and KGHARM had made a stab at it and was reraised by the BTN, then you have an easy laydown. But as played you are risking almost all your stack on this weak 2 pair and you have zero info on the other players hands.

Implied Odds3

Implied Odds3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played, i couldn't fold and i would hope he was trying to slowplay some high ace that didn't make 2 pair. If i lost, the next okay hand i would push all-in.

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u should probably fold here as there are very few hands he is raising with that u can beat (excluding a bluff) He is not raising with a raggy Ace and if he had a strong Ace like AJ then u would have heard from him before the river. He most probably had KQ or K8s and made a better two pair on the river. Even a possibillty it was a very scared KK slowplaying preflop.

J

jaded848

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for the replies. Villain had J 10.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh 27 hands into another 2 table SnG. As I'm sure you can guess, I'm not doing well today...taking a break after this post. I'm starting to absolutely hate the blinds because they are trapping me by tantalizing me with the board. Was this an obvious fold on the river?

Stacks:

* SB with 915
* BB with 1395
* UTG with 1810
* MP with 1670
* KGHARM with 3255
* BTN with 4455
hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: Full Tilt Poker
* * Dealt to BB:5♣ K♦
Preflop:
* * 2 players fold.
* * kgharm calls [60] BTN calls [60] Hero checks
* * 1 players folded.
* * Total folds this street: 3
Flop: Q♠ 5♥ A♦ Hero checks
Turn: 8♥ Hero checks
River: K♠ Hero bets [210]
* * 2 players fold.
BTN raises to 600 Hero calls [390]
* * Total folds this street: 1
Results:
The results have been hidden.

Poker Hand Converter By Cardschat.com Poker Forum

Easy fold. Desperation has gotten the best of you on this one. There isn't enough in the pot to call - only to find out you knew all too well yet denying it anyway. You must ask yourself this question: Why would he raise me on the river if I'm betting outright in this position? This is a classic example of smells like a limp set in position. Maybe Aces up or even as strong a J/10 for Broadway ( henceforth the checks on the flop & turn ). Release it and play the next hand. You'll have just enough for one more move.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a easy lay down.. You were afraid to make any bets with only your pair of fives, and it seems as else no one else caught piece of flop. You might bet turn to see where you stand and chase out the chasers

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes.. if you get raised here you are most of the time beat.. Bad call