$2.50 NLHE MTT: Jacks insta shove 20 blinds from UTG raise + one caller?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume it's correct to just shove all in here, can't really flat and need to get this in heads up, right?

Just seems a fair bit of play left yet and jacks aint exactly a monster in all honestly but in the postion/stack sizes + caller, is the the only move to do at present?

UTG is going to be flipping at worse to be raising most times here? Not sure If I should actually fold this and wait for a better spot considering the one other caller too who might well call an all-in..

Thoughts? Usually with jacks I and stack/postion wise I know if I should be shoving or not but this spot seems a bit weird to me..seems a bit spewy..

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.75 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t10005)
MP1 (t10115)
MP2 (t11576)
Hero (MP3) (t4722)
CO (t13571)
Button (t19598)
SB (t12360)
BB (t3836)
UTG (t495)

Hero's M: 7.87

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J
diamond.gif
, J
heart.gif

1 fold, UTG+1 bets t650, 1 fold, MP2 calls t650, Hero raises to t4697 (All-In), 4 folds, UTG+1 calls t4047, 1 fold

Flop: (t10644) Q
heart.gif
, 7
diamond.gif
, 6
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t10644) 4
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t10644) K
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t10644

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough spot. Against a donk in UTG+1 I'd probably ship it. Say he was 52/13 he's going to stack off too light I think and we could even get it in 70% favourite. Against a reg i could probably fold b/c they won't open UTG+1 light atall.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shipping TT+/AQs/AK here 100% barring strong read UTG is a huge nit.

With 40 BBs his range should be pretty normal like 88+/AQ+/KQs and if the table is tight, quite a bit wider than that.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shipping TT+/AQs/AK here 100% barring strong read UTG is a huge nit.

Yeah, we can go a touch wider in this spot as well, thanks to the dead money from MP2, probably throw 8's and 9's in as well. Also, tournament structure is important, the faster the blinds go up, the more willing we should be to take on these spots.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean I'm not folding 88/99 personally but everyone already thinks I'm some crazy gambooler or something.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got what you wanted, isolation. All fold would have been better, but an early position raiser always causes grief.

Hope it worked out for you , but with a K, and Q on board, and a willing caller, I fear the worst......

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You got what you wanted, isolation. All fold would have been better, but an early position raiser always causes grief.

I want a call here personally.

I've been thinking about this thread for sometime and I can't seem to Decide which way I like to play this hand, I'd be leaning more to say I'd call/Fold in this case because of the Raise+Flat, and then I thought What's the Best case Scenario, What is That Player Raising with in the First place? AA/AK/KK/QQ/AQs, and then I thought Well If that's what he's raising with, then What is Player 2 flatting with? Then I thought why am I wondering about Player 2 because Player 2 if he had something big in the 1st place He (Atleast I'd think he would), RR to get more money in the Middle, so I thought **** player 2 (Give him 8s-Ax, even QJs/KQs, something down those lines), Then I thought about your stack+all the Dead money in the Middle....It really is an Awful spot to be in to be honestly, so with that being said I'd be more inclined to Flat/Fold this pre rather then Shove it A.I preflop because we know Player 1 is calling but exactly what is he calling with that's the Question here...

So more or less It's really Passive Advice to be honest but Passive isn't the worst case, also my above Advice is Still burning Money in the End so It's either a Flat or a Fold for me in this case, which 1 I can't decide to be honest, I'm sry can't be more help then that

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow.

you have JJ, less than 20 BBs, and there are antes. go all-in and be pretty happy about if you get snapped off.

If his range is only AQ-AK, QQ+ you still get it in and it's really doubtful he's that tight.

Last edited:
jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh didn't realise adj. BB was 400 that gives you like 11BB so yeah looks like i'm shoving.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
vs randoms 99+, AQ+

vs a nit JJ+, but sad face when i fold