$2.40 NLHE Turbo: $2+0.40 NLHE Turbo: Dealt 77, UTG Shove, Fold or Call?

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.40 NL HE Turbo: $2+0.40 NL HE Turbo: Dealt 77, UTG Shove, Fold or Call?

Titan Poker "TURBO" Zurich 100/200

Button (1210)
SB (1203.75)
BB BB (1540)
UTG UTG (9362.50)
UTG+1 (1683.75)

Preflop: Button is on the Button with 7
diamond.gif
club.gif

UTG raises to 9362.50, 3 folds, BB moves all-in for 1340.

UTG has been tightish, and his stack was aquired with AA VS KK and another hand I cant remember. BB is pretty loose and my notes informed me he had quite a wide range.

Fold or Call?

*The positions are incorrect for some reason - I believe was last to act

Last edited:
Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry I can't make sense of this HH given your comments. There appears to only be 2 players involved and you were one of them in the BB but your comments on UTG & BB make it appear that you were not one of these two ???

M

MaxiRodriguez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, I've had real probems finding a Hand history converter that would convert my XML files at least to the stage above. Of course the positions are incorrect, I have no idea why. I heavily edited the HH as it was from another site and covered in ads.

I'll try and clarify by typing them out.

I am Button, but not actually on the button, There are 5 players left including me, there stacks are represented in bold, action is on me after UTG has Shoved with BB also calling. So in simple English.,

Im Dealt 77, One player to my right has been tightish early on and had won some big hands, shoves another player calls his shove. The action is now on me.

Again bear in mind that for whatever reason the positions are incorrect and they're simply named UTG, BB, and Button, me being Button. my stack (1210).

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK with this info, 77 would be a clear fold to me as I would expect one of the other 2 to have a larger pocket pair and thus you only have 2 solid outs besides the very unlikely st8's & flushes.

Kuberr

Kuberr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think there's no question that I would fold here. gambling on such a low pocket pair is ill advised against two people. I would not play 77 even if I knew their hands were like J9 and A10. The odds are just not in your favor here.

R

rsr552

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
considering theres already one player all in and a call.. i would probably fold a mid pair like sevens....chances are you would end up all in as well and versus 2 other players sevens has a weak chance of actually holding up.

D

davidshoval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold because the chances are low and you will see the hand anyway so this hand will give you more information that can help later.

I am sorry about my English hope you understand.

Folding in Poker