$2.25 NLHE: Would you have pushed here?

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.25 NL HE: Would you have pushed here?

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 29/10/1.6

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 29/10/1.6

I think folding after the reraise was ok,but maybe i could have pushed prefllop.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $120(BB) Replayer
SB ($3,570)
BB ($3,300)
UTG ($2,625)
CO ($1,925)
Hero ($2,080)

Dealt to Hero 8 8

fold, fold, Hero raises to $360, SB raises to $840, fold, fold

SB wins $840

beechleaf

beechleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lot of overs could beat ya think it was right lay down wait for better hand and suck him in since he think he bullyed ya maybe with junk so now he feels like he could do ya again and you can clean his clock

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this a SNG, if so what are the payouts? If it isn't a SNG and still in early stages on the tournament w/o other reads I think the fold is OK.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a 9 handed sitngo with a 50-30-20 structure.

Instead of making a 3bb raise i could have pushed preflop with those 8. But i'm not that sure which of the two options was better.

JustRaiseTheBlinds

JustRaiseTheBlinds

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's ok to push allin here, but I prefer the lay down you made...

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being a SNG, a shove preflop would have been OK.

As played you have to decide if the opponents range is mostly unpaired overcards or is mostly pocket pairs. If the later then a laydown is correct.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played you have to decide if the opponents range is mostly unpaired overcards or is mostly pocket pairs. If the later then a laydown is correct.

This is impossible to know. He could have AK, AQ , or any pair better than mine. In the best situation it's a coin flip i think.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being a SNG, a shove preflop would have been OK.

This is impossible to know. He could have AK, AQ , or any pair better than mine. In the best situation it's a coin flip i think.

Sorry but it's not impossible to put a player that you have been playing with, for probably 30+ hands so far, on a range. You should be able to decide pretty easily from what you've seen this player do so as to whether his hand RANGE is weighted more towards 99+ or KJ+,AT+.

andosalado

andosalado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i meant was that even if it's probable that he has an overpair, it's also posible that he's raising with AK or AQ.

Also because of the stage of the tournament and the fact that he has me covered in chips his range could be a little wider and he could be trying to bully me.

Taking all that into account i think calling is out of the question here because the bets that could happen it's a coin flip, and i don't even wanted that either.

The good thing about a push here is that you put the decision on the other guy. But it's a risk