dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2.25 NL HE STT: TT in the SB in a three way pot

I don't have very many hands on either player and SnG Wiz tells me to fold pre flop, but I don't think it picks up on set mining odds? (tell me if I'm wrong)

From what I do have, BB is an 18/15/2 and CO is a 30/7/3.

If CO folds I have odds to call this. But with CO flatting, even though he's already seeming like a total fishtard, should I just get out of the way here, shove, cry?

full tilt poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BB: t1195 11.95 BBs
UTG: t3845 38.45 BBs
MP: t3549 35.49 BBs
CO: t2176 21.76 BBs
Hero (BTN): t2175 21.75 BBs
SB: t560 5.60 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BTN with T:spade: T:diamond:
1 fold, MP calls t100, CO calls t100, Hero calls t100, SB raises to t560 all in, 1 fold, MP calls t460, 1 fold, Hero ???

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why limp preflop????

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've got two limpers in front of me. I'm in the SB so I'll be out of position for the rest of the hand. I'm not really wanting to fold such a strong hand with a swollen pot that nobody's made a stab at yet. I have great set mining odds here (minus position). Any more reasons?

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought you were BTN? At least from what HH says.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah, you're right. Sorry.

I hate the replayer in HEM because you never know where you're gonna be sitting.

Still, I don't like reraising or shoving TT here with 2 limpers. 1 limper and I'd definitely raise, but not 2. Is this a leak?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The extra caller just makes our "steal" more profitable. I'm probably raising it up here, and we can fire a c-bet if needed and still have a healthy stack.

As played i think i'm shoving there's so much overlay in the pot i think it's definately worth getting it in here. We're not really worried about the SB and the MP player could be calling with whatever junk he limped with, i suppose he's not folding often, but he'll often show up with some random Ax hand, and we still probably have some fold equity here too. IDK, it's a weird spot, but i'm happy with shoving, even if he turns up with overs, there's so much extra dead money in the pot it makes up for it i think.

As for SNG wiz, it can't account for setmining, it will only give equities in folding and shoving.
But we're never setmining in this spot, we're not getting good enough odds, and it's a huge chunk of our stack to just call/fold flop. So our decision is a clear shove or fold

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, after the raise, I'm not setmining anymore. I have to make a decision to fold or shove.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The extra caller just makes our "steal" more profitable. I'm probably raising it up here, and we can fire a c-bet if needed and still have a healthy stack.

As played i think i'm shoving there's so much overlay in the pot i think it's definately worth getting it in here. We're not really worried about the SB and the MP player could be calling with whatever junk he limped with, i suppose he's not folding often, but he'll often show up with some random Ax hand, and we still probably have some fold equity here too. IDK, it's a weird spot, but i'm happy with shoving, even if he turns up with overs, there's so much extra dead money in the pot it makes up for it i think.

As for SNG wiz, it can't account for setmining, it will only give equities in folding and shoving.
But we're never setmining in this spot, we're not getting good enough odds, and it's a huge chunk of our stack to just call/fold flop. So our decision is a clear shove or fold

I am not sure I agree with the first statement here. I think the extra caller makes our "steal" attempt less successful. we have to raise at least 4BB here to even think about picking up the pot. If we get called by only one player that gives us a pot of 1150 and we have a stack of 1775. can we really c-bet/fold here?

I am not a fan of limping but I actually dont mind the line here. we have position post flop and I think we actually want the sb to jam here and mp to call. Now we have no problem getting the rest of our stack in. We are certainly ahead of MP so shoving either gets us heads up with tons of dead money or all our chips in ahead for a good side pot.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The general consensus seems to say shove after it's raised, and tbh, as soon as I folded this I hated myself. But I treated this as a setmine only and once the SB shoved I just let it go. Probably not the worst thing ever, but now I know.

Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 6 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BB: t1195 11.95 BBs
UTG: t3845 38.45 BBs
MP: t3549 35.49 BBs
CO: t2176 21.76 BBs
Hero (BTN): t2175 21.75 BBs
SB: t560 5.60 BBs

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is BTN with T:spade: T:diamond:
1 fold, MP calls t100, CO calls t100, Hero calls t100, SB raises to t560 all in, 1 fold, MP calls t460, 2 folds

Flop: (t1420) 8:spade: Q:spade: K:heart:

Turn: (t1420) T:club:

River: (t1420) 3:spade:
Hero says "tt"

Final Pot: t1420
MP shows 5:heart: 5:diamond: (a pair of Fives)
SB shows A:diamond: 9:diamond: (Ace King high)
MP wins t1420

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not sure I agree with the first statement here. I think the extra caller makes our "steal" attempt less successful. we have to raise at least 4BB here to even think about picking up the pot. If we get called by only one player that gives us a pot of 1150 and we have a stack of 1775. can we really c-bet/fold here?

I am not a fan of limping but I actually dont mind the line here. we have position post flop and I think we actually want the sb to jam here and mp to call. Now we have no problem getting the rest of our stack in. We are certainly ahead of MP so shoving either gets us heads up with tons of dead money or all our chips in ahead for a good side pot.

Of course it's going to be better squeezing in this spot, there's more dead money in there, the guy who limped behind never has a hand, we will take the pot down so often with a raise here. Though i'm not totally against limping behind, we're pretty much setmining, with the button i'd rather take control and raise it up, if they want to make a call OOP, so be it.

C-bet/fold was probably the wrong use of words. It's kind of opponant dependant what i'd do on the flop. The ace is the one card i'm afraid of in this level. Anyways without going into too many details postflop as i don't think we're going postflop very often here, especially if the SB is willing to stack, the original limper will probably jst fold most of his range.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have started raising 10s and jjs from the button because when it comes too it and a flop like the one that came out appears you have a head scratcher.

Just wondering why you told everyone what hand you had after you had folded?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, the last thing we want to tell our opponant's is that we are capable of folding any hand of significant strength. Your basically inviting them to bluff you.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was more to stop me from calling the MP a "#@#$$#@ moron".;)

I've been trying to stay out of the chat as much as possible and stop freaking out when I take a bad beat (or make a bad fold).

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many tables do you usually play? It's a lot harder to make time for the chat box when you're on so many other tables at once.

Regardless I'd just turn it off (you might already and still wanna chat :p), it's just a bad distraction and can tilt you more/ make you question your game when you get called an idiot or whatever.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play 6 at the moment. I know that's not many, and I could probably play more, but I want to make sure my game is good before I start adding. And chatting in the chat box is one of those things I will have fixed before I add any more tables.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play 6 at the moment. I know that's not many, and I could probably play more, but I want to make sure my game is good before I start adding. And chatting in the chat box is one of those things I will have fixed before I add any more tables.

Nah i wouldn't worry about adding tables quickly, just do it when your ready. I'm having the same issue, i found my ROI at 12 tabling was about 17% and 15 tabling and over was about 4%. Just moving up too quickly in an attempt to play lots of volume. As i'm sort of re-constructing my game still, playing fewer tables is always a good idea.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've finally gotten my ROI into the positive. I did try adding some $5 games in for the last week and haven't done too bad, but I think I will still just hold off. I still have some pretty good leaks in my game I want to work on. Then I can go crazy.