$2.25 NLHE: 99 facing two callers with J high flop

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.25 NL HE: 99 facing two callers with J high flop

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB (t5160)
UTG (t3639)
UTG+1 (t2360)
MP1 (t6950)
MP2 (t685)
MP3 (t3685)
Our Glorious Hero (CO) (t2110)
Button (t1710)
SB (t9535)

Our Glorious Hero's M: 14.07

Preflop: Our Glorious Hero is CO with [9d], [9h]
UTG calls t100, 4 folds, Our Glorious Hero bets t400, 2 folds, BB calls t300, UTG calls t300

Flop: (t1250) [7d], [Jc], [2s] (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Our Glorious Hero...

Blech. I really didn't want to get two callers. And I think there's a large chance one has a jack. Do I give up on the hand and hope for a free or cheap showdown? Do I C-bet and hope to take it down?

The table has been pretty loose-passive, often resulting in pots with 3-4 limpers or 3 people in a raised pot.

Last edited:
S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blech. I really didn't want to get two callers. And I think there's a large chance one has a jack. Do I give up on the hand and hope for a free or cheap showdown? Do I C-bet and hope to take it down?

The table has been pretty loose-passive, often resulting in pots with 3-4 limpers or 3 people in a raised pot.
Do u think villains ranges are more weighted towards Jx,TT type hands or 89,T9,KQ,A7 ect?
I think checking and cbetting are both ok options(do u have fold to cbet stats or any history with cbet against these villains?).

Cbetting is fine cause its such a dry board and we should take it down alot and even if we get called where not neceserly behind cause villains probably call here with a gut shot,7x,some over cards,medium PPs and other random crap.
geting c/r here would be pretty bad cause it a awsome board for a villain to c/r bluff(cause it so dry but still unlikly that many passive 2$ mtt villains would c/r with less then a J here)

Checking back and calling/betting if checked to a non QKA turn is fine also considering our stack is so awkward here.
But checking back is also kinda nasty cause if either villain fires a pot sized bet on a save looking 3c turn where gonna have to get it in or fold.

I probably check behind here and fire/call turn and hope for a free river(fold if they double barrel)

meh :( , reading this it seems im just rambling...

hunterT1000

hunterT1000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres 1250 in the pot & you have 1710 behind? you have postion?

assuming thats all true I like a bet of about 500 here. If you get check raised (especially by the original utg limper) then u know ur behind. That bet will often take the pot there, personally I dont like giving a free card here.

D

davidshoval

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that hunterT1000 is right but I would bet 700 because if someone calls you can be sure that you are behind. I think that 500 is not enough because after there will is 1750 in the pot 500 to call is nothing especially for them because they have chips.

Sorry about my English hope you understand.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Results are pretty boring. I shoved/everyone folded.

ImolAyrton

ImolAyrton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can have any hand.. CBet always on a passive table. Big chance they give up here. Most of the passive table are a lot of limpers and they fold if the miss the flop, if they call you its pretty sure you are beat