$2.20 NLHE Turbo: 180man SNG, Final table.

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2.20 NL HE Turbo: 180man SNG, Final table.

Played down my first sizeable stake the other day ($22) playing $2.20 180mans. Came 3rd in one for $42 bucks (brag) and then came across this situation.

Here is the payout structure for the 180mans for the top concerned positions.
1st - $108
2nd - $72
3rd - $42
4th - $28.80
5th - $23.40
6th - $18.00

So here's the question. Would you:

A) Jam from BB here for a shot at doubling up and going for higher payout?
B) Fold BB and subsequent SB until the tiny stack gets forced on their BB for the 1spot payjump. (You'd have <1BB left after the tiny stack is forced)

Please look at link here:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?4604449

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The call is fine here. You have connectors, both probably live and realistically may only move up to 5th if you fold here. You didn't have any fold equity to begin with so no need to try and hang on for another $5.40. The big stack will have a WIDE range here as he should.

I

Im_depressed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm all-in here all day. You have almost no chance of placing higher then 5th if you don't get it in here. Your playing to win, not for small cashes.

As the above poster said, you are pretty much guaranteed to have live cards and the big stack's range is going to be probably 60% of hands the way he played that.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im_depressed;1274853. Your playing to win said:
Read OP's post.... he's being staked... he doesn't have a roll and is used to grinding out smaller buyins.. $5 is of value to him.
Also, 'he's playing to win'.... there's not much chance of 'winning' even if he does take it down (although obv more chances than if he folds, lol).

You're getting 3.8:1 here on the call... in other words, even if you know villain has AA, you're still pretty good to go.

Villain would/could be on wide range for sure as other large chipstack will not be calling w SS's on table.

Situation different from this.. but one I thought of mentioning... it surprises me to see players shoving into BB when they're clearly pot committed to make the call.... ie. on the bubble of a SNG. Like they're gonna fold w 1bb in stack while getting 4:1 and yet I see it happen all the time... shoving any range.. T3o, 96o, etc. I think it's totally retarded (I actually see it happen in the CC buyins... happend today as a matter of fact). If it's on the Bubble, CL should be desiring to keep that barely existent stack alive, taking advantage of the situation so that they can continue to pummel on the other med.stack blinds. (obv not the case here in this situation... but just thought about it 'again' after seeing something similiar in the CC game I played today).
I suppose I give too many of them too much credit as far as 'thinking' goes.
Nice cash btw.. keep it up!

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 6 people left. the diff between 5th and 6, only 5 dollars i would have done the same thing. I mean with him all in instead of a real raise you almost eliminate huge hands like aa KK. so chances are exactly what he had ace rag. and you have live cards and a chance to get back in the thick of things. In a 10 dollar buy in or something i might fold and try to get the extra $ but in this situation def. do the same thing.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really no choice here-gotta push. In the money already so go for it.

Michael69

Michael69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id say it was a good call. you are short stacked, and that was probably the best chance you'd have of doubling up. unfortunately, it didn't work out too well.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
id say it was a good call. you are short stacked, and that was probably the best chance you'd have of doubling up. unfortunately, it didn't work out too well.

It'll be alot more than a double up - - there's dead money in the pot, antes, etc.