$2.20 NLHE STT: Worried about scare cards -- shoved. Too aggressive?

F

flincGO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 30/8/0.42

Merge - $0+$0|<> NL - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 17.03 BB (VPIP: 29.69, PFR: 8.06, 3Bet Preflop: 4.76, hands: 64)

Hero (BTN): 19.73 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8s 8d
fold, CO raises to 2 BB, Hero calls 2 BB, fold, fold

Flop : (5.5 BB, 2 players) 6c 5c 5h
CO bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 17.73 BB and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 7.5 BB

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should not raise that much because he could be having A5, or maybe pair of sixes, and he is lowing them by betting only BB. Maybe he just have a hand like k10 or better so we wont be calling your all in, however i dont think you should push that much with these hand, as he could be having a better hand o even with a hand like kj of clubs he is going to call and it would be a coin flip in the best scenario. There is no chance for villain to call your raise, if he isnt at least with a good hand or a great project so it seems very unprofitable over the long run to risk your entire banroll with a medium pair even with just 1 other player on the hand.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop, he plays minibet 1bb to 5bb pot, so IMO better here is raise about 3-4x on the flop and later all in on the turn card if the turn will be safe. All in is risky move, because opponent can have better pocket pair. I don't want to risk all my chips on the flop, but as I said, if the turn is safe and I don't see aggression at my opponent I can play all in on the turn.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet pre- to about 6bb. You're ahead of the opener's likely range, but since you have a hand that doesn't flop especially well, it's not a bad result if he folds. Plus you have position and initiative if he calls. It's not great if he 4bets, but that's not a high probability, and if you decide to fold, you still have enough chips to retain a decent amount of fold equity.

T

twohaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain seems like a fish, min raisign PF and min betting flop. I'd put in a raise, but not as big as yours. Something like 4.5bb, to try and get some value from his likely overcards.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3b shove pre, don't flat and this is especially more true if you're going to play post flop like this.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When people say 3b, do you mean 2b? I would raise, a shove lets him play perfectly and you only get called when you're beat (maybe 77 calls). Raise to like 5bb and then you can jam a bunch of turns.