sysypro wins the pot: $10200

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on the flop,you should have made a close to pot sized bet against two opponents so you can be sure you get rid of the junk hands. To be honest i cant believe the guy called with 23 of diamonds on that flop. in general,well played.

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Probably wouldve folded the KJ in EP pre flop but since you didn't as vinyl says bet more on the flop, got a feeling though in this case the villain wasn't folding to any size bet, you get some players who play like that with suited cards no matter how bad they are.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably wouldve folded the KJ in EP pre flop but since you didn't as vinyl says bet more on the flop, got a feeling though in this case the villain wasn't folding to any size bet, you get some players who play like that with suited cards no matter how bad they are.

Look at what villain won with. he won with2,3 of diamonds. he has absolutely no outs to win on the flop except for a one in a million backdoor baby flush draw.

i think that if the bet was pot sized on the flop he wouldnt be floating with air here.but you never know. you may be right.:cool:

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If villain is prepared to call any bet with a hand that's way behind, that's all the more reason to bet hard.
I'd bet close to pot on the flop, then check/call most turns.

Fold pre, though.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold pre, bet bigger on flop, bet big on turn, jam river.

EZ game.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flops fine if they continue with 23s and 99

people are retards, he got there.. nothing else to see here

S

short stacker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very well played i am also suprised that he called/raised not too sure but too lazy to go and check lol on preflop with 23s thats nearly the worst hand out there except 23o LOL what a total retard not to mention like someone else said he was chasing a flush which was the only thing that could save him and it was a bad flash at that

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I opened KJo from EP as it seemed people were getting tight, guess I was wrong about that...

Anyhow, thanks for the analysis and congrats on the CC freeroll win Vinyl!

N

Nocturnal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
on the flop,you should have made a close to pot sized bet against two opponents so you can be sure you get rid of the junk hands. To be honest i cant believe the guy called with 23 of diamonds on that flop. in general,well played.
+1, really sucks when those junk hands call flop:rolleyes:

MadMaddie

MadMaddie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Don't I want them to call me on the flop? If I bet bigger on the flop then don't I win less chips.
I thought half-pot continue bet is good size on this flop.:confused:

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't I want them to call me on the flop? If I bet bigger on the flop then don't I win less chips.
I thought half-pot continue bet is good size on this flop.:confused:

Yes you want them to call you on the flop, but the thing is that because you are up against 2 opponents and that is a draw heavy board and also our hand is not very strong and could easily become second best if anyone of them hits their draws. SO you basically want to make them pay for trying to draw out on you and at the same time, get alot of value for the best hand that we have here.

We never want them to be drawing for cheap,or for free in that matter. There are situations where we can bet for less value ,esp when we know our hand is invinsible and villain probably has nothing but here we need to put pressure on villains.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has also to do with your stacksize at the start of the hand. I'd rather get it in on 2 streets postflop as 3.

B

BigThingWithHolesInIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah disregard my previous post, I didn't look at stack sizes properly. Also didn't notice it was a turbo.

Fold pre, pot flop, jam turn.

mauikisi

mauikisi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still can't believe that he called that flop with 23dd. In this turbo tourneys with low buy-ins you should bet bigger on flop and shove turn.

After seeing this hand, the 23dd player probably sees a LOT of flops and calls almost everything post flop so in this spot you should definetly jam on turn and get the most value possible.

If none of both players shoved the flop then you're almost 100% up in this spot.

Ypu just got extremely unlucky here, but next time bet harder and get more value from this kind of players.

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded pre, but you didn't exactly do anything that wrong. Sometimes you just have to sit back and say loldonkaments