lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hi, What dou you think in this? My 55 with aggressive reg. He was about 70% steal
pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 25,000/50,000 Blinds 6,250 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php
BB (t1,142,027)
UTG (t2,879,584)
Button (t1,877,779)
Hero (SB) (t1,829,610)
Hero's M: 18.30
Preflop: Hero is SB with 5
spade.gif
, 5
club.gif

1 fold, Button raises to t100,000, Hero calls t75,000, 1 fold
Flop: (t275,000) 4
club.gif
, 7
spade.gif
, 2
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t110,000, Hero calls t110,000
Turn: (t495,000) K
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t198,000, Hero calls t198,000
River: (t891,000) K
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets t400,000, Hero calls t400,000
Total pot: t1,691,000
Results below:
Button had 9
spade.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(one pair, Kings).
Hero had 5
spade.gif
, 5
club.gif
(two pair, Kings and fives).
Outcome: Hero won t1,691,000

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the steal attempt was typical with what the villain had, but you're out of position on this hand so I would have either 3-bet pre-flop or folded. You missed the flop, but there was likely little that helped the villain here as well.

How much were you willing to pay to chase the set? You checked called it all the way to the showdown, even though the board paired with two high cards. I would be interested to see what more experienced players say, but here I would have 3-bet pre-flop then if the villain called I would have check-raised on this kind of flop.

The river call makes no sense to me at all, if the villain had 66 or better, or a strong King, you spewed off all of those chips for nothing. The villain is continuing to show strength, of course he was bluffing in this case but you can't assume that this is always the case and you will wind up being a milk cow when it isn't.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate the turn call but i like the river call. well played. nice read!

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I was thinking about 3bet preflop to 250k but i was afraid of being a big pot and when flop he could me bluff and raise about to 700k
He played more LAG. I did not expect a set or overpair. I would ready to pay all becouse he only steal, steal and steal
In fact @Propane Goat in this my preflop 3bet and in flop check/raise is nice idea

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet pf imo and if he 4bets pre I would get it in.

Also if he calls my 3bet I would defenitely Cbet flop for value as I don't see many overpairs or 7x hands in his range.

A

AviCKter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played.
But I would have either folded or re-raised pre-flop. Playing OOP is something I wouldn't have liked, not with such a small pair, atleast. But once you entered, the flop was just awesome for you, you could have check/raised. Once there was a K on the turn, there was nothing I could have done. I would have bet and if the villian just called, it would have been a disaster. But that's just my opinion.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played.
But I would have either folded or re-raised pre-flop. Playing OOP is something I wouldn't have liked, not with such a small pair, atleast. But once you entered, the flop was just awesome for you, you could have check/raised. Once there was a K on the turn, there was nothing I could have done. I would have bet and if the villian just called, it would have been a disaster. But that's just my opinion.

i don't think you can ever fold this hand preflop 4handed with these stacksizes vs a minraise.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so if he has steal 70% I play here: call pre flop. After the flop we have second pair, so not bad. I want to see turn card, because on the turn we can hit some cards like: 3, 6 or 5, So we can hit open ended straght draw, we can have something like 2345 or 4567. Turn is scary card, call on turn is a little risky IMO. Still better pocket pair is possible and K, because his range is very loose. On the river on this board I also make a call.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont think the turn is that scary tbh.

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO opinion turn seems a little scary, but it doesn't mean that I should fold here. After the river I can think that 55 is good in this hand :)

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The river call makes no sense to me at all, if the villain had 66 or better, or a strong King, you spewed off all of those chips for nothing. The villain is continuing to show strength, of course he was bluffing in this case but you can't assume that this is always the case and you will wind up being a milk cow when it isn't.

Sorry for giving bad info, I was a very similar situation yesterday and called on a paired board, villain was on a busted draw and the river bet was a complete bluff. Thanks to more experienced players for weighing in, these are a learning experience for me as well.