$2.20 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: 3bet bluff and shove on the flop

tewwa94

tewwa94

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.boomplayer.com/28889893_8AB84D746F

I want to know what do you guys and girls think about this play. I think the 3bet is fine but I'm not so sure given the fact that I only have 20 BBs. About the flop shove I have a lot of equity, should I just bet 1/3 and shove the turn as a bluff? does villain have JJ-KK ever on this spot? I dont think so

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably does not have JJ-KK since he should reshove over your 3bet with only 20bb. And i think with 20bb you should look to shove over any open preflop not 3bet, since you will be left with too little on the flop anyway.. i mean at least try to win it preflop or have rhe chance to double up

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the 3x 3bet either when we have so few bigs. I think a flat is perfectly reasonable at this depth when we have the BTN, but a 3b jam could be reasonable depending on opponent tendencies perhaps.

As played though, I definitely prefer jamming than betting small and jamming turn. We just have so much equity against 9x or anything worse, and we're never folding him off an Ax hand even with 2 bets, so I just put it in now.