$2.20 NLHE MTT: call a suspected squeeze play with AK?

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's the situation: $2.20 Bovada 86 entrants MTT freezeout tourney. I'm 10th in chips with 3,990 blinds are 40/80. Late registration closed. 9 paid. 56 remain.
First limper has 1,680
Second limper has 1,210
Third limper has 1,450
Button jams all in for 1,770

I am in the SB for 40 with :ks4: :as4: and my stack = 3,990 (table chip leader)

The BB still yet to act has 2,100.

I was just moved to this table 3 or 4 hands ago and I'm multi-tabling, I have absolutely no reads.

What to do?

Last edited:
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Button's range usually includes AQ here, and that's good enough for us to be happy calling (well, shoving).

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There you more correct is to be aggressive with that hand, as the new being on the table as no one knows your image, so if you think aggressive can have anything, and will have less suspicion. Up 3 blind in that case

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always jamming over in this spot

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
move all your chips to the center

in this situation you describe, you should move all your chips to the center and don´t be afraid, what will happened is that all limpers will fold but one or two, and they probably have a small pair, and A X or a suited conectors,

so you are the frontrunner before the flop, go allin, if you lose, you are still alive, if you win you (odds are with you) you will take distance and eliminate one or two players from the mtt,

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I reshove here too.

mapt02h

mapt02h

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such a low buyin MTT, this is definately a reshove for me. It would only be a fold if you knew more about the person doing it. But still, the information that would make me fold here is very specific - I don't really think he's shoving for value here ever. If he is, his range should NOT include KK, QQ, AA as that's an awful way to play these sort of hands.

So yeah, shove OTT of them.

It would suck if there was a dynamic at the table you're not aware of due to the table switching - such as one of the limpers limping to trap due to the player shoving in this spot having done the same play 2-3 hands in a row.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks, yes I agree. I reshoved and flipped vs a medium pair and lost...but I still think it was correct

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, like a great spot to be in. Just get those chips in the middle.

It's like a 20bb squeeze shove, so his range is wider for a start and man, we have AK in a MTT facing a 20bb shove, I would be snap calling here without anyone else in the pot.

Folding would be real bad.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the shove should be called a squeeze since there wasn't a bet and call in front.

In any case, it seems like a fairly straightforward re-shove. If anyone shows up with AA or KK, so be it. Otherwise, you're in good shape vs the shover's likely range, and not much worse if someone else happens to call all-in. As a bonus, losing won't cripple you.