$2.20 NLHE MTT: $2.20 NLHE MTT

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How would you play this hand? I really felt like I was behind when I shoved but, I just couldn't fold AK in a $2.20 MTT. So, I guess my question is, I this spot when facing the 3-bet would you call, fold or raise?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/8qwm0Vw

Thanks in advance for your insight,
Wes

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that with about 20 BB effective stacks, getting it all in pf with AK is pretty standard.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the depth of the stack. 20bb and less we play on the stack, from 50bb or more we look at the flop.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nice hand, well played

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely would you want to be raise folding pre flop with a 20 BB stack so the correct move is to do what you did and shove. I would think we are behind almost always as I dont think many times you are going to see villain do this with AQ or less but it is still worth getting it in with the stack size we are at.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How would you play this hand? I really felt like I was behind when I shoved but, I just couldn't fold AK in a $2.20 MTT. So, I guess my question is, I this spot when facing the 3-bet would you call, fold or raise?

Wes

Getting it in here I think is totally fine you’re flipping with tonnes of villains range and have a fair share dominated and block all the hands that have you crushed. I’d say correct line

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For 20BB this is a super standard jam, and even more so with dead chips in the pot from two field callers. Just because he happened to have KK this time does not mean, his entire range is KK+. And as the outcome show, even getting it in against KK is not the end of the world. One out of three times you will still win the pot and more than dubble your stack.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 20BB this is a super standard jam, and even more so with dead chips in the pot from two field callers. Just because he happened to have KK this time does not mean, his entire range is KK+. And as the outcome show, even getting it in against KK is not the end of the world. One out of three times you will still win the pot and more than dubble your stack.

This response is pretty well spot on. For 20ish BB this is a super easy get in spot. Even if we had 50k in this spot, it is an easy shove. When our villan 3bets to this sizing there is should be no way on this planet that we should consider just calling - when we miss the flop and fold it just costs us waaaaaay too much. So we either jam or fold and with a hand as strong as AK its an easy push. Any program/icm software will tell you the same. Even vs KK you are going to win about 30% of the time here. The fact you ran into the top of your villans range is not a big deal, they are going to do this with AQ and AJ as well as other underpairs that you are doing pretty well flipping with.

Easy spot - Push the AK and let the cards fall where they may.

W

wstclair777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the replies, I do think that this is a pretty standard play. I just got back into online poker in the last few months and I want to start learning again and going over a few hands. CC and CC members are great, thanks

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Wes

I’d say standard aswell unless the table dynamic is unusually tight then you could leave it to AKs but in this spot I’d say fire away.