UTG+1 (Hero): 6,180 (25 bb)
MP: 15,986 (64 bb)
MP+1: 4,612 (18 bb)
CO: 20,629 (83 bb)
BU: 8,224 (33 bb)
SB: 12,592 (50 bb)
BB: 18,576 (74 bb)

Pre-Flop: (615) Hero is UTG+1 with J 8
1 fold, Hero raises to 550, 3 players fold, BTN calls 550, SB calls 425, BB calls 300

Flop: (2,440) 9 T 7 (4 players)
SB bets 1,220, BB folds, Hero calls 1,220, BU folds

Turn: (4,880) Q (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River:
(4,880) 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 4,380 (all-in), SB folds

Total pot: 4,880
UTG+1 (Hero) wins 4,880

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Haha and even the turn made an even better straight flush. 😅

Too bad you didn't get a call. Maybe if he had the nuts, he might have made it but obviously not.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOW, what a hand, straight flush from the flop :).
Haha and even the turn made an even better straight flush. 😅

Too bad you didn't get a call. Maybe if he had the nuts, he might have made it but obviously not.
Maybe the spade 8 scared him away :ROFLMAO:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars, $1.96 + $0.24 - Hold'em No Limit - 125/250 (30 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 3,745 (15 bb)
UTG+1 (Hero): 6,180 (25 bb)
MP: 15,986 (64 bb)
MP+1: 4,612 (18 bb)
CO: 20,629 (83 bb)
BU: 8,224 (33 bb)
SB: 12,592 (50 bb)
BB: 18,576 (74 bb)

Pre-Flop: (615) Hero is UTG+1 with J 8
1 fold, Hero raises to 550, 3 players fold, BTN calls 550, SB calls 425, BB calls 300

Flop: (2,440) 9 T 7 (4 players)
SB bets 1,220, BB folds, Hero calls 1,220, BU folds

Turn: (4,880) Q (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River:
(4,880) 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 4,380 (all-in), SB folds

Total pot: 4,880
UTG+1 (Hero) wins 4,880

Watching without the results--
-this is a good hand to practice our preplanning skills- how do we get the most value from this hand?
What actions do we take on the flop? Yes of course we can check but can we bet 1BB and get action- what ranges are we targeting? Can we induce a bluff?
Do we need to with SPR 2?

OMG the BB leads wooohoooo 100% call our SPR is low enough for stacking the BB and we want the SB to come along- fingers crossed-

Damn SB folded Ok- What do we do if the BB checks turn? What range do they have ? are we trying to get value from the full range or just max value from part of it?

OHHHH noooo not the QH--Now what? What amount of value can we get now on turn? What range calls a bet? Sets have 22% equity if we have AHx so we have to bet less than that 2 pair 9% is this a spot for the 10% bet? or do we bet 20% targeting sets only--- If the V checked the Kh they call both those bets and it makes the SPR on the river good for shoving to create bluff catchers

You check- I do not like it unless the runout is perfect for us and the board pairs we do not get stacks in-I know it is tempting to check here but we will have some bluffs on that turn- if the V has a set how do they fold? If they have nothing we get nothing on the river-

Ok as expected the V folds river- I did not preplan for u the river action but based on the river card and the V's range we seldom get paid when we shove river- So what might be a better bet size on that river--- Did you know that a 10% river bet is more polarized than the shove? It is based on the V's over all range if they are good at range interpretation-

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not opening here J8 suited UTG+1 with too many stack sizes, if any, and especially not 24.5 BBs. This should be a fold pre hand which I know worked out this time but over the long haul you will lose money opening this hand, in this position on the table with this stack.

We flop the world so I dont see any reason to do anything other than call behind. I guess I can see a little argument for hands that could come on the turn (which did) to kill action but I dont want to fold out any hand at this point by raising so calling as you do is the best play.

On the turn I like checking as you did for the same reason why I like just calling on the flop. Its a bad card for us to come since it kills action against all straights, pairs, two pairs and sets. The only card that will continue here would be ace of hearts and for the right amount of a bet the K of hearts. We own the J and 8 so if villain does not have A or K of hearts then the largest flush they could have would be 6 high which they would not be calling off... or at least we wouldnt think they would be. I dont bet here because I feel like unless they have one of those two cards the only way I will get more chips is to allow them to bluff the river or maybe, just maybe, make some crying call for a small bet on the river.

The river is where the debate on this hand, I think, could really kick in. Jamming as you did will not get many calls that did not lead turn unless villain thinks you are bluffing. Knowing your style of play since I have played against you, you do bet often so I think a case could be made that you might get villain to think you are bluffing here some of the time. The problem with that though is they would have to have a bluff catcher they feel confident about which they might not and since you already called the flop (villain then presuming you have some heart) bet they might think you are bluffing less often on river. The play then here would be on the river to go small thinking villain does not have A or K of hearts and we have to see if we can pry a call out of them for anything since anything on the river here is better than nothing. The problem with that though is we close the action so why wouldnt we just check behind if we had a medium hand and woudlnt we bet big if we were bluffing? So I feel arguments about the sizing on the river could go either way. In the end though, I think I target small flushes since villain is the small blind overcalling us on the flop and they could be possibly wider since they had less to call pre flop coming from the blinds. In targeting small flushes I want to make a bet that 2-6 of hearts might call which would have to be a pretty small bet. Im going 25% pot here and hoping they make a crying call since I never see them having a large flush here and playing this way.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
The bottom of my opening range here would be JTs, so I think, this is a bit to loose.

Flop
Definitely not raising, since you want to give BTN a chance to get involved and BB a chance to continue hanging himself on the turn.

Turn
When he check, he is either slowplaying the nut flush, or he has a hand like TX with no heart, which hated this card. If he has the nut flush, you can stack him on the river, and if he has a hand like TX, you are probably not getting much more out of him, regardless what you do. But you could step a little out of the box here and do something creative like betting 500 chips. 10% of the pot. Maybe he does then cry call with TX or other non-flush hands, or he might even raise and turn it into a bluff, because he think, you are just fooling around.

River
When he check again, it unfortunately looks like, he has the TX type of hand with no flush card, that was betting the flop for protection. And that kind of hand is probably not going to call, if you jam. So I would go very small here like 1.000 chips with pretty much the same idea, as I outlined on the turn. I think, his range is very face up and capped, and I think, a jam get a ton of fold equity. Which would be great, if you were bluffing, but not when you are betting the nuts.

Full Flush Poker