Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
I have only 14 hands on CO with VPIP 15 PFR 15

1. Should I bet more on the flop into 4 players or should I just check/call?
2. On the river would be check/call a better option?
3. If I check the river and he shoves do I call? * I don't think I can fold :)

pokerstars, $1.96 + $0.24 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (6 ante) - 7 players

UTG: 4,982 (100 bb)
MP (Hero): 5,161 (103 bb)
MP+1: 4,353 (87 bb)
CO: 5,025 (101 bb)
BU: 11,358 (227 bb)
SB: 4,000 (80 bb)
BB: 4,699 (94 bb)

Pre-Flop: (117) Hero is MP with A Q
1 fold, Hero raises to 125, MP+1 calls 125, CO calls 125, 2 players fold, BB calls 75

Flop: (567) 2 A A (4 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 272, MP+1 calls 272, CO calls 272, BB folds

Turn: (1,383) T (3 players)
Hero bets 1,010, MP+1 folds, CO calls 1,010

River: (3,403) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets 1,974, CO raises to 3,612 (all-in), Hero calls 1,638

Total pot:

Showdown:
CO shows 2 2 (a full house, Twos full of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 53%, Flop: 77%, Turn: 84%, River: 100%)

MP (Hero) shows A Q (three of a kind, Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 47%, Flop: 23%, Turn: 16%, River: 0%)

CO wins 10,627

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
With this stack depth you can go larger than 2,5BB, but 2,5BB works as well.

Flop
C-bet is fine, but a smaller sizing like 30% pot would be more solver approved.

Turn
You got called in two spots on the flop, and actually that is kind of worrysome. One opponent can have the case ace, but what then does the other player have? They both called with players left to act behind them, and your flop sizing was rather big. So they should not be in there with a pocket pair or a gutshot draw like 54s or 43s. So my alarm bells would actually be going off a little bit here, and I lean towards checking with the intention to call a reasonable bet from either player. Or if you are going to bet, I prefer a smaller sizing like 30% pot again.

River
I definitely think, you have run out of value now, so its a check to evaluate spot. And if he bomb the river, folding is definitely a consideration, since he is unlikely to be doing that for value with AJ or worse, especially when you could potentially have backdoored into a flush after bluffing the flop and turn.

Results
So he did in fact flop a boat, and the hand is obviously a bit of a cooler. But I think, you overplayed it and lost more, than you needed to.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Preflop
With this stack depth you can go larger than 2,5BB, but 2,5BB works as well.

Flop
C-bet is fine, but a smaller sizing like 30% pot would be more solver approved.

Turn
You got called in two spots on the flop, and actually that is kind of worrysome. One opponent can have the case ace, but what then does the other player have? They both called with players left to act behind them, and your flop sizing was rather big. So they should not be in there with a pocket pair or a gutshot draw like 54s or 43s. So my alarm bells would actually be going off a little bit here, and I lean towards checking with the intention to call a reasonable bet from either player. Or if you are going to bet, I prefer a smaller sizing like 30% pot again.

River
I definitely think, you have run out of value now, so its a check to evaluate spot. And if he bomb the river, folding is definitely a consideration, since he is unlikely to be doing that for value with AJ or worse, especially when you could potentially have backdoored into a flush after bluffing the flop and turn.

Results
So he did in fact flop a boat, and the hand is obviously a bit of a cooler. But I think, you overplayed it and lost more, than you needed to.

Thank you,

That was my thinking after I reviewed the hand today...I played it over aggressive. And I tend to do that...it's one of the things that I need to work at.

PS: I haven't posted a hand for some time but it's nice to read your input again :)