MP: 28,275 (35 bb)
MP+1: 45,506 (57 bb)
LP (Hero): 46,297 (58 bb)
CO: 42,322 (53 bb)
BU: 25,747 (32 bb)
SB: 86,190 (108 bb)
BB: 23,198 (29 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,100) Hero is LP with J K
UTG calls 800, 3 players fold, Hero raises to 2,400, 3 players fold, BB calls 1,600, UTG calls 1,600

Flop: (8,500) K 7 6 (3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets 4,550, BB calls 4,550, UTG folds

Turn: (17,600) T (2 players)
BB bets 16,148 (all-in), LP (Hero) folds

Yo, yo!

What do you about this fold on turn? villian is a goood reg, limper is a fish. I have a good blockers. some diamonds with Tx, like T9+, KT, T6? some combo draws, also 98.

Cheers!

Momo9292

Momo9292

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a strange spot in general. It is weird with the limper involved and him over-calling with him behind, If he also knows that this guy doesn't really have the capability to limp raise, and is going to just call his range does include a lot of hands that hit this quite hard. I feel like if we break down his range he has a few suited K7 K6(these are quite slim, assuming he is a good reg) as well as K10(more plausable). He also has all the 66,77,67ss hands that also might elect to play this way, Also 89s is in this range and all make sense to play preflop this way... but they also don't make too much sense as a jam on this turn. his PTS ratio is less than 1:1 and players tend to do this a lot with draws that pick up more equity on the turn, and are hoping to fold out hands like 88,99 by just jamming with their flushes.

I honestly feel there is more value than bluffs in this spot, but considering you don't hold any diamonds I personally would be more inclined to call in this spot. Mostly because with a pot-to-stack ratio that low our top pair value is just so strong in general. Not sure if this helps, just my insight on the spot.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold in my opinion, especially since you know him and is a regular good player. I believe he went all in because he was afraid of a flush or straight draw from you, so he wanted to win it on the turn. Most likely he had a 2 pair or trips. Or maybe K Q. All in all, good fold I think :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
With a limper I open to 4BB rather than 3BB. Want to give him a reason to fold and also discourage the blinds from coming along.

Flop
Standard C-bet.

Turn
You did not mention the sample size, but assuming it was large enough, then AF 1,3 is very low, and his VPIP/PFR is also on the nitty side. If I had AK, I would probably call it off thinking, that maybe he is just going with his KQ or KJ sometimes. He is scared of the flushdraw and dont want to allow the turn to get checked through.

But with KJ I think, its fair to say, you dont beat any value. A nitty player is not doing this with K9 or worse, because he know, you have all the better KX in your range. So if you call here, you are really hoping to see a bluff like maybe diamonds. Its almost full pot, and even when he is bluffing, he has equity, while you have little equity, if he is jamming for value. Against 98 and sets you are drawing dead, and against AK, KQ or KT you have 3 outs.

So you need him to have at least 40-45% bluffs, and against this kind of player I just dont think, that is the case. If you fold, you still have 27BB left, and I think, you can find much better spots to use a 27BB stack in a soft 2,2$ MTT than calling of a nit, who wants to play for all his chips, when you beat none of his value. So against this particular player type I really like this fold. Whereas if he was some crazy maniac fish, then I probably just close my eyes and stick it in :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just want to add a point, which I am sure, Jon Poker will harp on about, if he sees this hand: This was a multiway pot. For that reason, when Hero C-bet here, he should have a stronger range, than if he C-bet in a heads up pot. BB should know that, because he is a reg, and he also called the C-bet with the other guy, a fishy player, left to act behind him. BB needs to have something pretty decent to make that call on the flop. Like a good draw, top pair or better. We can already narrow his range down considerably.

And then on the turn he just ship it in against Hero, who he know probably has something pretty good as well. At least better than in a heads-up pot. The bottom line is, he is not doing this with nothing. It could be some kind of combo-draw, of which there are quite a few available. AQ, AJ, AT, KT, QJ, QT, JT, T9, T8 all of diamonds. But this is still only 9 combos, and there are 16 combos of 98, if he can have the unsuited versions. Plus the other nut hands like sets and KT, which he can also have.

So all in all this is a really good hand to post for review, because it illustrate the importance of hand reading. Its very easy to say, that we have top pair, and the SPR is only 3, so we have to stack it off. But if we look at the situation, the board texture, the action and the opponent type, we only have a bluff catcher against someone, who have shown a propensity to not be very active. And this is why, for me, this is a good fold :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just one more final point. When we C-bet this board, which I like, the action, we are looking for, is for the nit to get out of the way, and the fish to call. If that had happened, I am never folding this hand, because the fish can have a very wide range, that he is willing to get it in with. If the fish makes this donk jam, I am beating him into the pot, and if he check the turn, I am jamming myself excepting the fish to call with all sorts of silly nonsense.

However when the opposite happen, and the fish fold, but the nit gives us action, then right away alarm bells are going off in my head, and I am definitely done with betting for value. If the nit check to me on the turn, I am checking back, and then I make a decision on the river based on, what card rolls off and his action. Opponent types mean everything in poker, and the way, I am playing this hand against the nit and the fish is totally different.

I

Ikado21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB could have easily called ur PR raise with 7s 6s and any KXs so if he isnt fishy or anything i would probably fold since u dont have any diamonds and not that much showdownequity

+ i do defend BB with 76s 89s/o combos sometimes so thats possible too

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at micro stakes you need to play aggressively and not be afraid

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys for your time! It's nice to hear that probably you've made a good decision folding tp here :D
I'm asking others players and tendency among opinions is to fold.

Folding in Poker