$2.2 NLHE MTT: Can i call turn?

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it perfectly fine. With no information on the player, his range was generally ahead of yours there, but not enough to be folding top pair on such a weak board with the odds he gave you. If you did not hit the river and he triple barrelled, then a fold looks much better.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never folding on any point of that hand with a bounty in play and that guy with 16bbs. I would have shoved the turn

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never folding on any point of that hand with a bounty in play and that guy with 16bbs. I would have shoved the turn
Push on the turn for what? What a worst hand will pay? 100% it is a bad idea. I think we must fold here. But call look like good idea. I dont know

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played it perfectly fine. With no information on the player, his range was generally ahead of yours there, but not enough to be folding top pair on such a weak board with the odds he gave you. If you did not hit the river and he triple barrelled, then a fold looks much better.
Yeah, river check fold always

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Posting

What range did you think villain calls preflop and then would bet turn with?

Why did you think villain bet so small on the turn?

What bluffs bet that size?

How often would your player pool barrel on Q774 as a bluff?

What hand is value betting Q774 that we beat?

Is your player pool advanced enough to make that size bluff on the turn?

We see after the hand is over this villain had adjusted bet sizing to their holding. Is this happening regularly in your player pool?

When you flop Q77 why are you checking? Why give free cards to Axs Kxs to hit on the turn vs multiple villains who have position and Axs Kxs could make up a large portion of multi caller ranges?

Hope this helps

:):)

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

What range did you think villain calls preflop and then would bet turn with?

Why did you think villain bet so small on the turn?

What bluffs bet that size?

How often would your player pool barrel on Q774 as a bluff?

What hand is value betting Q774 that we beat?

Is your player pool advanced enough to make that size bluff on the turn?

We see after the hand is over this villain had adjusted bet sizing to their holding. Is this happening regularly in your player pool?

When you flop Q77 why are you checking? Why give free cards to Axs Kxs to hit on the turn vs multiple villains who have position and Axs Kxs could make up a large portion of multi caller ranges?

Hope this helps

:):)

Check is the most positive action on the flop and it is not even discussed.
Opponent is unknown to me. But his call preflop sayed me - he is big fish xD. Average i hope to see pairs 22-66, 88-99, A7s, 78s and 79s (sometimes) and all off better queen.
On the turn he gives me 18% chance to call. Vs his nut range i had 16%.
So:
1. If he bet some pairs on the turn my call will be good.
2. If he never fold on the river full of 7th (i am sure, he never fold it - this is fish) my call will be good.
Thanks eetenor, it helped. Call is better than fold

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We cant forget that it is a knockout tournament XDD

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO a bigger size is needed preflop as your hand is essentially a bluff. You min raised and face being OOP post flop if hi jack ,cut off or button call.

With that being said I would have liked to have seen somewhere closer to 2.4k and not give these players such attractive odds there is already over 2 k dead money in there your offering the big blind close to 5-1 assuming everyone else folds. Once there is multiple callers it's even bigger obviously.

your call on the flop is obviously fine not sure about the turn call you've got lucky with only 2 real outs if your putting him on 7x

With his short stack you might of already decided to go the distance but his mistake was not jamming the turn IMO he only really had a pot size bet left and decided on half pot would you have called if he jammed ?

Last edited:
V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
funny sizing pre :D

I would bet flop but it's arguable multiway with a weak kicker.
rest is fine to me

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push on the turn for what? What a worst hand will pay? 100% it is a bad idea. I think we must fold here. But call look like good idea. I dont know
What? Try to pay attention to stack sizes also when you play not only to cards and action. Stack sizes should be the first thing you look to when you are opening a hand and you should know what do you do vs each one if they raise or bet or whatever.
Folding that turn ever is bad. Just calling does nothing. Folding on river on that spot ever is sooo bad. Also it's a 2.2 mtt if you think he is only betting a 7 there is so weird..

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The opponent's range is easy to read on the flop. I thought he had an AQ or 7. The whole hand you were behind with a weak kicker. You're lucky he didn't have four of a kind sevens on the flop.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you not call the turn? That was pretty much blank card.

I think you should mock your hand preflop, and after flop it was clear(ish) that there 7 somewhere. But your lucky that you got FH and that 7 was on small stack.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Just fold. To many players, who can take position on you, and two guys have perfect re-jamming stacks. QJs is pretty much the worst hand, I would open here.

Flop
4 players saw the flop, you are monkey in the middle, and you flop top pair meh kicker on a paired board. I guess, check-call is fine, but pretty much hating the situation already.

Turn
Now it really start to suck. He is very short, but he somehow still manage to make it a 3 street hand. This really feels like, he is just trying to slowly milk you. You cant call here just to draw to two outs, so its decision time. If he has any sort of air in his range, then put him all in. If not then hate life and fold.

River
Should not have happened but as played I like your decision to donk bet all in. If he has a 7, he might check behind on this card, but he is never going to be able to fold with the tiny amount of chips, he left himself behind.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO a bigger size is needed preflop as your hand is essentially a bluff. You min raised and face being OOP post flop if hi jack ,cut off or button call.

With that being said I would have liked to have seen somewhere closer to 2.4k and not give these players such attractive odds there is already over 2 k dead money in there your offering the big blind close to 5-1 assuming everyone else folds. Once there is multiple callers it's even bigger obviously.

your call on the flop is obviously fine not sure about the turn call you've got lucky with only 2 real outs if your putting him on 7x

With his short stack you might of already decided to go the distance but his mistake was not jamming the turn IMO he only really had a pot size bet left and decided on half pot would you have called if he jammed ?

It was bounty series... I wanna choose small size ever. 2 guys is short. I wanna see they 3bets-push with wide range.
As for the turn, my hand is a bluff catcher. His range have not bluffs. So i called because a) good chance of bank for deal (if river comes A or K or Q) or bad beat; b) if i get my 2 outs he never fold full hous because i played flop and turn check-call.
I like his size. He is just has unlucky in this spot. I played check-call - my range is very weak. He wanna see some calls with small equity here.
I will never call his push on the turn, because his range without bluffs.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Backdoor spades for instance. 88-JJ.

What? What about our bluffs? Our nut range very small, so we cant push any our bluff here. And i think he always fold this hands. So bluff with better hand is a very stupid idea xD

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What? Try to pay attention to stack sizes also when you play not only to cards and action. Stack sizes should be the first thing you look to when you are opening a hand and you should know what do you do vs each one if they raise or bet or whatever.
Folding that turn ever is bad. Just calling does nothing. Folding on river on that spot ever is sooo bad. Also it's a 2.2 mtt if you think he is only betting a 7 there is so weird..
The answer to your question will be found in the previous answer)))

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent's range is easy to read on the flop. I thought he had an AQ or 7. The whole hand you were behind with a weak kicker. You're lucky he didn't have four of a kind sevens on the flop.
AQ and KQ and all pairs he must push preflop. I think his range on the turn Q8s-QJs, QTo-QJo, A7x, 79s, 78s, 76s, 75s

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why would you not call the turn? That was pretty much blank card.

I think you should mock your hand preflop, and after flop it was clear(ish) that there 7 somewhere. But your lucky that you got FH and that 7 was on small stack.

Because i cant imagine his bluffs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What? What about our bluffs? Our nut range very small, so we cant push any our bluff here. And i think he always fold this hands. So bluff with better hand is a very stupid idea xD

You dont need to worry about ranges or balance, when you are playing a 2$ tournament against someone, who you might never see again. Jamming the turn is better than calling because of his draws. He is not going to put the rest in on the river with a busted draw.

Neither does it make any sort of sense to fold on a blank river, if you call the turn with so little left behind. So if you are behind, you are getting stacked anyway. If your plan was to fold on a blank river, then you should have folded on the turn.

At the end of the day this hand is just a silly spot, that neither you nor the Villain should even have been in. You should have folded preflop, and he should either have folded or jammed given his stack size.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You dont need to worry about ranges or balance, when you are playing a 2$ tournament against someone, who you might never see again. Jamming the turn is better than calling because of his draws. He is not going to put the rest in on the river with a busted draw.

Neither does it make any sort of sense to fold on a blank river, if you call the turn with so little left behind. So if you are behind, you are getting stacked anyway. If your plan was to fold on a blank river, then you should have folded on the turn.

At the end of the day this hand is just a silly spot, that neither you nor the Villain should even have been in. You should have folded preflop, and he should either have folded or jammed given his stack size.

Ofcourse you dont need to worry about ranges or balance if you play freerolls all of your life. But if you wanna grow up to high limits, you must play normal.

My plan is play better lines, what gives me more $ on distance.

:DI dont wanna miss the plus spots. I advice to you more working on the game. Then you will begin to distinguish the plus spot from the not a plus. And dont give a bad advices next time please ;)