$2.2 NLHE MTT Bounty: Should I have called all-in?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
because of the bounty, do you thinks the bounty would be split?, but the guy with Kings would win the pot anyway, i don't know, i don't play bounty builder often, anyway best luck next time

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the position for drawing 1010 is not the most successful especially since it was already clear after the players bet that there is a monster.I in 10 such situations 9 times I fold ' em 1010 in your passes.the drawing of positions is of great importance.for 1010 is more suited late position before BB

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I dont limp with TT preflop, I would make a bet preflop to see who joins to the hand and then could to make a better decision on the flop being more informed of the range of my opponents.
The board on the flop is very wet, there is a straight draw, a flush draw, one highter set than your (JJ/QQ) and two players went allin before you.
I think the best option is fold on that board, because you are dominated in that situation.
Good luck next time.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course right ... bad luck! if you fold such hands after the flop, then why play poker. you had more chances to win after the flop !!!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10s is a hand you want to bet pre. Once you get calls or raises you can decide on what you want to do from there.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I dont limp with TT preflop, I would make a bet preflop to see who joins to the hand and then could to make a better decision on the flop being more informed of the range of my opponents.
The board on the flop is very wet, there is a straight draw, a flush draw, one highter set than your (JJ/QQ) and two players went allin before you.
I think the best option is fold on that board, because you are dominated in that situation.
Good luck next time.
If I did bet preflop, I would get 3bet raise or allin from KK and the same situation as I asked in my post.

I try to check flop position on CC odds calculator and get 63,46% to win for me, 9,19% for AJ and 26,72% for KK.

CC odds calculator

So I had to call all-in anyway in this position.

Thanks all for answers and good luck in coinflips!

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I did bet preflop, I would get 3bet raise or allin from KK and the same situation as I asked in my post.

I try to check flop position on CC odds calculator and get 63,46% to win for me, 9,19% for AJ and 26,72% for KK.

View attachment 256371

I think that you should to consider the "preflop game" as an important part of your hand and of your poker game.

There you get a lot of information about the range of other players, many times the hand is decided on that street, without getting to play a flop and I think this preflop game is more important in the KO or BOUNTYS where the game is more aggressive and the most of the time decided the hand only based on the cards in the hand, without reach the other streets. I think that you should´nt limped preflop with TT.

"If I did bet preflop, I would get 3bet raise or allin from KK and the same situation as I asked in my post." (you said)

The question is: are you willing to play your entire preflop stack with TT?

For answer that you most to know about the table and the players...in this hand.

TT is a good hand preflop, so you can´t limp preflop with that hand, you have to bet to defend your pair before reaching the flop, because the flop street is another game completly different, another story...that could come with sorprise like that wet flop
where a pair or set with TT become very weak.
You bet preflop also to take information about the another players have, and throw those who have nothing and analyze those who say they carry a lot.
The button was a big 3 bet, what king of player is he?
I also saw that u slow play twice in that hand, preflop: u limped in utg with TT and in the flop: you check before all talk.
Maybe you should to see more the preflop play, that I think about, then with more information about the table you could to play better way the anothers streets or the next moment when one o two players 3 bet or went allin in the same preflop hand.
I hope it helps you and better luck next time. See you. :)

Last edited:
EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That's a dream flop for our hand. I would be definitely calling the all in.

Pre I would OR, limping is just too passive for me. If you get 3bet then go with the math or player dependent. Flop we could x/r all in here for value.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

View attachment 256371

So you were able to see their cards before having to make your decision?????

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to fold this hand preflop. This flop is very dangerous. After you see a raise postflop, the best decision to make all-in, but you called is a very bad decision. However, yes, given the chances of the bank,whe 2 opponents make all in, and after you limp on the postflop, I think this is an easy call, but as I said, I would just throw this hand on 4bet on the preflop.

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just open raise your hands pre then based on how your oponents played before decide what you do forward. Easy jam on the flop as played.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to fold this hand preflop. This flop is very dangerous. After you see a raise postflop, the best decision to make all-in, but you called is a very bad decision. However, yes, given the chances of the bank,whe 2 opponents make all in, and after you limp on the postflop, I think this is an easy call, but as I said, I would just throw this hand on 4bet on the preflop.

It wasn't a 4b pre, OP had limped his TT and 1 player 2b and the next player 3b.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his call in all in is pretty ok especially for the odds you had regarding the strength of his set. There were few combos for him to hit the sequence so most of the time you will be dominating the range of hands that goes all in there. And you still had outs to hit your full house and even the court. I think there was no escape here the call is quite ok.