$2.2 NLHE MTT: AK turbo action preflop

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I FORGOT TO SAY IT IS A ZOOM TOURNEY
NO INFO AT ALL (except for a timing tell that he snap jammed - )

poker stars $2.00+$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds + t25 - 9 players - View hand 2392147
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: t19272 M = 36.71
SB: t24889 M = 47.41
BB: t9383 M = 17.87
UTG: t9398 M = 17.90
UTG+1: t6305 M = 12.01
Hero (UTG+2): t26522 M = 50.52
MP1: t7395 M = 14.09
MP2: t17309 M = 32.97
CO: t25863 M = 49.26

Pre Flop: (t525) Hero is UTG+2 with K <font color='black'>♠</font> A <font color='black'>♣</font>
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t400, Hero raises to t1199, 1 fold, MP2 raises to t17284 all in, 6 folds

I got the wrong decision I guess. I am posting coz I need a kind of approval.

Is this a snapcall ??

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume the blinds were 100/200 right? I never played a zoom tournament but I played zoom cash. All in preflop with more than 80bb, I smell QQ+ for what I can tell. It is very difficult to see a hand you are dominating cause people play really tight. I think it is a fold cause you will either go to a flip, or see the opponent having AA or KK. I insist in that I never played a zoom tournament, but played thousands and thousands of hands in zoom cash in NL2

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold and move on. Do you really wanna flip for most of your stack? Plenty of room to play.

What does he have in his range that you dominate? AQ? Not really. Your either flipping or totally dominated, unless he's capable of spewing AJ or worse which he would need to be really bad to do here.

His sizing is so bad here, that believe me.... There will be other opportunities to take all of his chips.... Why flip or be dominated? Find a better spot.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the record I did snap fold!!

my leak is too fold too much on the preflop when shoved ect, I end up missing loads of good spot for that (but I hate putting all the money preflop whatever hand I have)

And especially @ micro stakes ppl use to put loats of blinds preflop with crap

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you honestly think someone snap shove on a 4 bet 86BB after an UTG+1 open and UTG+2 raise in full ring this is such a simple fold here

D

DeadlyAim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is good usually but if you have a bet to start off before you assume A10 or better.

When you re-raise 3x what he did in my experience only this will happen... folds all around unless they got AK or better meaning a pair... usually 10s or better cause that was bet + rapid 3x re-raise... the JJ or even QQ alert should of gone off.

Now this is what you could of done better... in your analysis never heard this. Whether guy who bet was a maniac, call station or conservative player... knowing this dictates how you handle this situation.

If 400 bet guy always does that and had crappy hands J10 a few times before with such raises no worries. If that guy folds everything and only raises premium... alarm bell one...

MP2 guy... is he a maniac previous hands goes all ins sucks out with 87 or 66 or K10 no worries... but if he is conservative folds everything only calls premium... tornado alarm sounds off... holy smokes does this guy got AA.

The only way you call this if first guy folds... 400 bet guy... and you got other guy covered and pretty sure he is not a conservative guy... done dumb raises or calls a lot.

If first guy calls you should fold... even a 77 got you beat and 2 opponents are harder to beat... they only way you call if your sure their idiots but don't be mad if they get lucky gut shot straight or 2pair. 2+ opponents even with top hands they are 60% to win maybe 30% each but your 40%.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy fold, you have big stack what not play now coinflip, i think he have range like 1010, JJ, QQ. So it is impossible to exclude AK KK-AA but I am inclined for 4bet with this hands..

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold. You're only ahead of bluffs, flipping with mid pairs up to QQ and crushed by AA and KK. Not much of a spot to call.

rdm4k

rdm4k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thx for the replies guys, you confirmed my thoughts.

I snap folded the hand anyway,

then posted coz I did not considered (after i double checked the hand played while I was still playing) that villain had 80 bbs.
I wouldn t even posted it If i would have realized on time villain stack depth; I missed it, re-reading it.

Too often I make mistakes missing some ev+ preflop spots (especially playing turbos mtts) so I am trying to put some attention on them .