$2.2 NLHE MTT: 3 way all in or fold?

C

chakalaka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars, $1.96 + $0.24 - Hold'em No Limit - 10,000/20,000 (3,000 ante) - 8 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: 2,107,427 (105 bb)
UTG+1: 254,837 (13 bb)
MP (Hero): 606,930 (30 bb)
MP+1: 374,296 (19 bb)
CO: 656,714 (33 bb)
BU: 507,330 (25 bb)
SB: 1,499,943 (75 bb)
BB: 1,062,062 (53 bb)

Pre-Flop: (54,000) Hero is MP with A J
2 players fold, Hero raises to 44,000, MP+1 3-bets to 371,296 (all-in), CO calls 371,296, 3 players fold, MP (Hero) folds

Yo, yo!

About 45 players left. It was very tough spot for me, I decided to fold, because I was afraid that I will out of the tourney :/ ICM shows me again that it was good fold. Villians are unk regs.

What you do here?
Thanks!:)

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A nit here again. Wait for the overpair. Going all in looks good on stream or a tv show, but I have a feeling most of the folks that were left were willing to see flops, though at a cost. AJ suited is a good short stack push, but better to see a flop with.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would also fold, only would call against MP1 in that spot

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even against just MP+1 this is a pretty close spot, and if MP+1 is a tight player, I prefer to fold. I simply think, you can make better use of a 30BB stack than getting 19BB in a spot, that is at best kind of break even or very marginal profitable. And when CO have cold called behind, then AJs is a snap fold, because his range have you absolutely crushed. So you definitely made the correct decision here, and its nowhere near as close, as you apparently thing.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vs all in and a call I am just sighing and folding. CO has you covered and he just called. Looks like he doesent mind you staying in or raising. I dont think he is going anywhere no matter what you do.

I am outa here.

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy fold for me esp with 2 all-in's behind you. Likely dominated by AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ.. the rest are flips

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the way Fundiver is thinking of this hand and that is to think what would be our action if we just got jammed on and not even consider (yet) what to do with a call behind that. The initial jam on you is from a stack of 18.5 BB which is a great rejam stack, however, what do we really think they are rejamming with? Depending on the image that we have at the table I dont think they are rejamming 18.5 BB there with wheel aces so I would think the very bottom of their range would be A8 and most of their range constists of pocket pairs since we have an ace blocker. This translates to pure flips on the 1010 and below pairs and were crushed on the higher pairs. Factor in were crushed against AQ+ that leaves were hoping for A10, A9 or A8 and that is just not enough for us to call of 2/3rds of our stack when at this point 30BB is still somewhat healthy.

Now lets factor in the cold call with that call coming with so many players left to act and I dont think this one is even that close. There will be some times here when we are up against 88 and 1010 sitting in a good price spot to triple (2.6 times ish) up but we have to hope for that. Could easily be in a spot here we we are up against 1010 and AQ and really not sitting well. This is a fairly easy fold with this action and a fold even if it was just one jam. Remember to always think of some worse hands that yours and ask "would my opponent be doing the action hes doing with something less than what I have." If you can come up with a lot of hands that fit then you can call easier. If you cant come up with many or any worse hands that would be doing this then you fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could easily be in a spot here we we are up against 1010 and AQ and really not sitting well.

Or even worse. We are against someone with JJ+ and someone with AQ+. Then we can only win by hitting 2 pair or better. Which mean we are totally smoked with only around 13% equity in the main pot.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think there's even a way to think about calling in that situation. You could even win the hand.
But you cannot be result oriented, in the long run AJs in a situation like this will be deficient.
Easy fold.

Folding in Poker