UTG+1: 1,656 (83 bb)
MP: 3,534 (177 bb)
MP+1: 1,748 (87 bb)
CO (Hero): 1,618 (81 bb)
BU: 1,323 (66 bb)

SB: 1,105 (55 bb)
BB: 1,338 (67 bb)

Pre-Flop: (54) Hero is CO with K T
3 players fold, MP+1 calls 20, Hero raises to 80, BTN calls 80, SB calls 70, 2 players fold

Flop: (304) K 3 T (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 182, BTN raises to 420, SB folds,
Hero?
Surely folding is out of the question?! So call or reraise, and if reraise, how much?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 20/13/2
BTN's HUD stats from 251 hands.
PokerStars, $1.72 + $0.28 - Hold'em No Limit - 10/20 (3 ante) - 8 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat

UTG: 1,178 (59 bb)
UTG+1: 1,656 (83 bb)
MP: 3,534 (177 bb)
MP+1: 1,748 (87 bb)
CO (Hero): 1,618 (81 bb)
BU: 1,323 (66 bb)

SB: 1,105 (55 bb)
BB: 1,338 (67 bb)

Pre-Flop: (54) Hero is CO with K T
3 players fold, MP+1 calls 20, Hero raises to 80, BTN calls 80, SB calls 70, 2 players fold

Flop: (304) K 3 T (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets 182, BTN raises to 420, SB folds,
Hero?
Surely folding is out of the question?! So call or reraise, and if reraise, how much?
This is how we would play in all situations-This is always a 3 bet we want to think about what raises us on this board type? Kx- flushes - some straight draws- 33 - so we want to raise enough to make the draws a mistake to call but not soo much that they over fold everything. - We want to be thinking about the fact that this level buy-in the standard 3-bet is always very nutted very few bluffs for most of the player pool- so V is going to over fold so we are targeting the high equity draws for calls only- we do have to fear trips so we do not want to go too big- if we were balanced with bluffs we 3 bet 2.5x but targeting draws only our min would be 3x -
However we have to look at stack sizes here BU started with 66 bb -4 preflop -21 flop= 41bb left-so this is an all-in by us. We want to take a couple of beats extra then shove - not too long just enough that we seem to be thinking.

Last edited:

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Eetenor hit on it above, after villain makes the raise on the flop they have put in total 500 of their starting stack of 1323 so they are never folding here. We gave set blockers to 2 of the 3 cards on the board and we have top two pair so we beat an odd K3 here should it show up. Being that I dont think villain is folding here I would just jam it in here being that we are out of position. If we were in position in this hand and this was a check raise against us then I think you could (although still not what I would do) just call here and then let villain stack off knowing that on the turn we are getting it in one way or another since we would be in position and if they check to us we are jamming (although maybe they fold turn to that which would be weird on their part after putting so much in so its why I wrote I would still jam but listing another option based on different circumstances than this hand). However in this spot, I would definitely not want to just call here and then check to villain on turn for them to stack off but then see them check behind and their draws get a free card so its best here to just jam it in.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rethink the hand if one more diamond drops or a 10 J Q… on the turn.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard isolation.

Flop
Getting raised with a hand this strong is a dream situation, and the only consideration is, how do we best get him to put rest of his chips in the middle. The main reason for just calling out of position is, that we want to allow a bluffing opponent to continue bluffing. But this player is a TAG, and Hero look quite strong C-betting large into two opponents in a pot, which was bloated already preflop because of the limper.

So its not like, he will ever show up with a complete airball like A8, and if we just call and check to him on the turn, we can get him to bluff off his stack drawing basically dead. He has something, and either that something is good enough for him to get it in, or it has enough equity, that its not the end of the world, if he fold. Hands like KQ / KJ for instance have around 19% equity, so 3-betting and making them fold is still a decent outcome.

Whereas if you just call and check to him on the turn, he is likely going to check back far more often, than you want him to, and then you are basically just giving him two free cards to draw out on you. And for that reason the best play here is to 3-bet. And since there is less than a pot sized bet left, the only sizing, which makes sense, is to move all-in.

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your input everybody. I did 3-bet shove the flop, Villain called and won with a set of Threes. Then I was obviously too results-oriented and brought it up here!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your input everybody. I did 3-bet shove the flop, Villain called and won with a set of Threes. Then I was obviously too results-oriented and brought it up here!
Yeah thats just a standard cooler. He had the only hand, you were behind to, since he most likely 3-bet TT and KK preflop. And even if he dont, there are only 5 combos of flopped sets, when you have top two. So its even more unlucky than running KK into AA preflop. Its a bit annoying, if a spot like this happen deep in a large MTT, where you have spend hours to build a big stack and has gotten close to the big payouts. But the big advantage of a game like 9-man SnGs is, that a single bad beat or cooler is never going to make or break your session. So you just register for the next one and grind on :)

Full Flush Poker