No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
VP$IP
PFR
Currency
$
Villain's HUD stats from 30 hands. I could have checked PF but Villain had been limping a lot so I thought I had a chance of taking down the pot straight away and if he called I could still be in good shape against his range on a lot of boards.
My main question is what to do on the flop? I don't want to give a free card so think I must bet, but to what size? With the pot being nearly half my stack should I shove? Or bet a smaller amount but still big enough to give Villain the wrong price to draw to a flush if he does have one diamond?

pokerstars, $1.72 + $0.28 - Hold'em No Limit - 25/50 (6 ante) - 7 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat

UTG: 2,220 (44 bb)
MP: 1,326 (27 bb)
MP+1: 1,429 (29 bb)
CO: 1,718 (34 bb)
BU: 1,714 (34 bb)
SB: 3,948 (79 bb)
BB (Hero): 1,145 (23 bb)

Pre-Flop:
(117) Hero is BB with 3 K
5 players fold, SB calls 25, Hero raises to 200, SB calls 150

Flop: (442) K 3 6 (2 players)
SB checks,
Hero?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Actually the GTO strategy in this situation is to raise your best hand, which are good enough to call it off, if he limp-jam, and then also raise your very worst hands, which you then fold to a jam. K4o falls way in between those two categories and is therefore played as a check. Also if you are going to raise, I dont think, you need to go to 4BB. You have position postflop, so a smaller sizing like 3BB will be enough and allow you to lose less, if he limp-jam on you, since K4o then obviously has to fold.

Flop
I would bet something like 300-350, which sets it up for an easy turn jam. If he check-jam, I will call it off, and if he just call, then I will jam any turn, thats not a diamond or a 6.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also believe this is a check for exactly what Fundiver writes above. We want to raise our good hands and our bad hands but the midling hands are much better to just call and see a cheap flop in position. K high is not bad heads up but its still not anywhere near the top of the spectrum holding K3 off so just check here and see what the flop brings.

On the flop as played we are definitely betting of course and should plan for a sizing that accomplishes a few things. First we want to charge draws as every one diamond that has a mid or high diamond is calling and the low diamonds will usually call as well but not a given. We also want to bet an amount that sets up an easy turn jam as that should be our plan but also factoring in that starting the hand with 23 BBs and flopping 2 pair I really really want villain to call here. So I would not go overboard on the sizing and probably bet some sizing that looks like I am just standard c betting to take it down. With that said I would bet 210-250 here which even on the low end would leave us 735 with a pot (if called) on the turn of 862 to setup the under pot turn jam. If you go bigger than you risk folding some of the hands like 4x, 5x of diamonds in my opinion as if you bet 300 ish that is 1/3rd of your stack at that point and not always sure a low diamond x hand would come along.

Another point I would make here is that starting the hand with 23 BBs and flopping 2 pair I am not looking to fold. So my turn strategy is to jam all cards that are a non diamond and if a diamond were to come to check with the intention of still calling it off. Villain doesnt always have a diamond and could float this flop (another reason to slightly smaller imo) and once we check with a 4th diamond coming they could see weakness and go with what they have. With having put over 1/3rd of my stack in pre and on the flop Im just not folding 2 pair here.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So depending on what solver you are looking at K3off is a raise preflop as it is a raise fold hand-

The SB limp call GTO range is 20% of SB range and of that 80% of it is suited hands therefore the V has very few one card low flush draw hands. The V also has very few low cards that interact with this board-GTO ranges of course-
The SB does have Kx hands mostly suited that called but is not supposed to have any pairs that play this way- of course standard play is not GTO

If you consider that 60% of the 80% of hands that limped called will fold the flop to any bet size and that the most likely flush draws are high card flush draws- which is a better sizing larger or smaller?

Now ask yourself what is small and large sizing on this flop using SPR not pot size? Now ask yourself would this bet sizing decision be easier if my raise was smaller preflop?

:unsure::geek: