$160 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $$160 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Weird shove call in OSS $80k

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$160 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: $$160 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Weird shove call in OSS $80k

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 22/18/67

I made this tournament via a satellite. I was playing well and running well to start off, but then went card dead and started playing too tight. I also noticed some very good players at the table which made me play tighter. Anyway, I had 12bb to start the hand, in the SB with AQo. Villain, a well known winning reg "createmyownenergy" had 30bb and raised on the button. I don't have much history with this player but what I did have, I was playing very tight. He called my shove with A7o.

Just wondering if this is a standard call? He wasn't quite getting the odds to call either, needing 36% but he only had 26% against what he should have recognised was a bad spot.

Maybe he's too rich to care?!

Last edited:
iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 22/18/67

I made this tournament via a satellite. I was playing well and running well to start off, but then went card dead and started playing too tight. I also noticed some very good players at the table which made me play tighter. Anyway, I had 12bb to start the hand, in the SB with AQo. Villain, a well known winning reg "createmyownenergy" had 30bb and raised on the button. I don't have much history with this player but what I did have, I was playing very tight. He called my shove with A7o.

Just wondering if this is a standard call? He wasn't quite getting the odds to call either, needing 36% but he only had 26% against what he should have recognised was a bad spot.

Maybe he's too rich to care?!

Online donkament regs run hot obv.but yea its close enuff for a call i reckon

F

faf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With a vulnerable stack as he had, and with your tight image, I think he should have folded. he could find himself dominated (like he actually did) a lot.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His call is good vs what you are supposed to shove there.

But vs your personal range it sounds like a fold.

Some of the biggest mistakes pros make = not adjusting to recreational players.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can’t evaluate his equity vs your actual hand; it has to be vs your range.

He’s expecting you to shove basically any ace any pair and a lot of KJ type hands which A7 is doing fine against.