$16 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Would you have bet differently?

M

mblmusic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$16 Buy in $5 Bounty [Progressive Knockout Re-Entry] tournament on BOL.

Blinds are $30/$60 with a $6 ante.

Hero is UTG with $2447 (61BB) and Dealt :ah4::ac4: and opens to $132 (2.2 BB). The Hijack, Villain (on the button) and SB call; the pot is $642 (11BB).

Flop is :3s4::qh4::6s4:. SB checks, Hero bets $542 (9 BB), Hijack folds, Villain calls, and the SB folds. It's heads up with $1726 in the pot (29BB).

Turn is the :3d4:. Hero goes all-in for $1767 (30BB)...

Should the Hero have done anything differently?

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like everything you did here. I can't fault it. The bet sizing pre-flop seems standard - you're not giving your strength away. All of the calls are unfortunate, but that's the price you pay.

I think, in tournaments, I like to bet smaller or check when OOP and when I have a disguised hand. What I am rooting for is someone with QX to bet to thin out the field for me. Then I'm calling to showdown unless things get scary. It works for me, as I tend to survive until it's close to the bubble often. I am not sure if I can mathmatically prove it though, so I may be leaving money on the table. :)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would have bet a little more preflop but that a personal preference and i think your bet is fine. That is not an ugly flop as it does not hit much. I think your bet was about right on the flop to make the draws and queens pay. I think your river bet was a bit to much. You are pricing out the flush draw here and based on the prefop action what hands could he have? he may call if he has a Q but if its Q9 would he call? He was in the SB and could have a 3 and call but its not so likely so i would not worry about it. If this guy folded you may have lost value on your hand vs a worse made hand or draw. You most likely are only going to get called here if your beat.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally fine with everything you did here. In a small buyin MTT, it'd certainly be fine to size a bit larger pre, and I like the flop sizing to set up turn jams. WP imo.

T

trent32la

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raising 2.5x pre at this stack depth.
Flop sizing should be smaller, think about what bet sizing is best for your range, not your hand. Turn I like checking this combo as we need less protection + protects our air heavy turn checking range.

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise more pre as people have stated. But I would bet less on the flop and less on the turn and then shove river. You look so strong when you raise UTG and bomb flop and turn.