$16.50 NLHE MTT Turbo: It was on the $ 20 K Gtd

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aggressive special I really put him in the AK range and knew I was winning on the turn, but it is part of the game.
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 400/800 (100 ante) - 7 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

SeaMonsta (UTG): 137,135 (171 bb)
FTGB (MP): 47,800 (60 bb)
SippyCupsFTW (MP+1): 40,999 (51 bb)
blindspotpt (CO): 40,290 (50 bb)
pokerbay101 (BU): 50,000 (63 bb)
myceliummass (SB): 88,954 (111 bb)
1MilhaoSemNada (BB): 71,690 (90 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,900) Hero (1MilhaoSemNada) is BB with J 5
SeaMonsta (UTG) raises to 2,000, 4 players fold, myceliummass (SB) calls 1,600, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) calls 1,200

Flop: (6,700) J 4 K (3 players)
myceliummass (SB) checks, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) checks, SeaMonsta (UTG) bets 4,150, myceliummass (SB) folds, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) calls 4,150

Turn: (15,000) 5 (2 players)
1MilhaoSemNada (BB) bets 11,250, SeaMonsta (UTG) raises to 39,375, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) raises to 65,440 (all-in), SeaMonsta (UTG) calls 26,065

River: (145,880) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 145,880

Showdown:
1MilhaoSemNada (BB) shows J 5 (two pair, Jacks and Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 36%, Flop: 18%, Turn: 82%, River: 0%)

SeaMonsta (UTG) shows A K (two pair, Kings and Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 64%, Flop: 82%, Turn: 18%, River: 100%)

SeaMonsta (UTG) wins 145,880

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would lean towards folding this hand. You are facing an EP open, which is a stronger range than a CO or BTN open. Its also bad, that SB has called, because he is representing a strong range. It also mean, three players are fighting for the ante rather than two, and there is no dead chips from SB. So where you often hear poker commentators say "he is getting a great price", when BB defends in a multiway pot, its actually the other way around. You have to defend less, when other people have already entered the pot. Its not the worst call in the world though, so just wanted to mention, what goes into this decision making.

Flop
You flopped second pair, so I guess, you kind of have to take one off. But this is, why a hand like J5s sucks and should not be defended, because you are still crushed by his value range.

Turn
You hit the gin card, and now you have a very well disguised two pair. You lead out, and I am not a big fan of that play. I prefer to still remain in check-call mode, and now your hand is definitely strong enough to call all the way down on most runouts. You lead though, and when you get raised, I agree with putting it in. I am not loving it this deep, but your hand is to strong to fold now, and it makes no sense to just call and then allow him to decide, if the last few chips go in on the river.

Results
You got it in good, and its pretty bad by him to raise top pair on the turn after getting led into. But he did it anyways, and then he hit one of his 8 outs on the river. It is, what it is.

vsawake01

vsawake01

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One more post about bad/good luck (also known as dispersion).

There were mistakes on both sides.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's one of those cases when after the flop your mind says don't call this bet, you have second pair. The devil on the shoulder says but what if I make trips or two pair on the turn, why not. You make the call knowing you're making a mistake, then you make 2 pair on turn and you're on clud nine, you feel like a genius for making the call only to be mocked on the river and going out of the tournament. So many opposite emotions in just a few seconds :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aggressive special I really put him in the AK range and knew I was winning on the turn, but it is part of the game.
Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 400/800 (100 ante) - 7 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

SeaMonsta (UTG): 137,135 (171 bb)
FTGB (MP): 47,800 (60 bb)
SippyCupsFTW (MP+1): 40,999 (51 bb)
blindspotpt (CO): 40,290 (50 bb)
pokerbay101 (BU): 50,000 (63 bb)
myceliummass (SB): 88,954 (111 bb)
1MilhaoSemNada (BB): 71,690 (90 bb)

Pre-Flop: (1,900) Hero (1MilhaoSemNada) is BB with J 5
SeaMonsta (UTG) raises to 2,000, 4 players fold, myceliummass (SB) calls 1,600, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) calls 1,200

Flop: (6,700) J 4 K (3 players)
myceliummass (SB) checks, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) checks, SeaMonsta (UTG) bets 4,150, myceliummass (SB) folds, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) calls 4,150

Turn: (15,000) 5 (2 players)
1MilhaoSemNada (BB) bets 11,250, SeaMonsta (UTG) raises to 39,375, 1MilhaoSemNada (BB) raises to 65,440 (all-in), SeaMonsta (UTG) calls 26,065

River: (145,880) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 145,880

Showdown:
1MilhaoSemNada (BB) shows J 5 (two pair, Jacks and Fives)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 36%, Flop: 18%, Turn: 82%, River: 0%)

SeaMonsta (UTG) shows A K (two pair, Kings and Fours)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 64%, Flop: 82%, Turn: 18%, River: 100%)

SeaMonsta (UTG) wins 145,880

Thank you for posting

Your hand is a fold preflop because there are too many ways to be dominated postflop and as you discovered this is one of the many ways to hit and lose this hand.

If it was J9-8 even 7 you could at least have some straight equity but you are playing a hand that versus a UTG open might be dominated flush- might be dominated J -might have to hit 2 cards to win and then still lose as you did. The V could have KK there as well.

That is just 1 V the SB range can have you dominated as well, as they will call with better Jx there and diamonds plus because they call so many Jx hands that means most runouts will miss your J which is not a bad thing to happen when you might only have 22% equity versus the two villains. Based on The AdKs hand and a possible 66 77 hand in SB

If the utg had a QQ+ preflop you are 15% to win three way SB 66 77 88 12% if SB has JT

In a cash game we can play this hand, lose and rebuy but in a tournament we have to protect our stack- so it is good that you are aggro but you will have better spots versus this table of villains.

The UTG player over plays single pair hands so we do not have to take a 15% hand preflop and try to suck out with it.

Using the Cardschat equity calculator you only have 17.58% on the flop after the SB folds and very little reason to think the UTG is bluffing.
It is important to know what mistakes our villains make and the standard villain does not big bet a KJ4 2 flush board with AQ TT or other hands expecting SB and BB to fold often enough for us to think we are best here and can call a big turn bet.

Hope this helps
:):)

Last edited:
I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I would lean towards folding this hand. You are facing an EP open, which is a stronger range than a CO or BTN open. Its also bad, that SB has called, because he is representing a strong range. It also mean, three players are fighting for the ante rather than two, and there is no dead chips from SB. So where you often hear poker commentators say "he is getting a great price", when BB defends in a multiway pot, its actually the other way around. You have to defend less, when other people have already entered the pot. Its not the worst call in the world though, so just wanted to mention, what goes into this decision making.

Flop
You flopped second pair, so I guess, you kind of have to take one off. But this is, why a hand like J5s sucks and should not be defended, because you are still crushed by his value range.

Turn
You hit the gin card, and now you have a very well disguised two pair. You lead out, and I am not a big fan of that play. I prefer to still remain in check-call mode, and now your hand is definitely strong enough to call all the way down on most runouts. You lead though, and when you get raised, I agree with putting it in. I am not loving it this deep, but your hand is to strong to fold now, and it makes no sense to just call and then allow him to decide, if the last few chips go in on the river.

Results
You got it in good, and its pretty bad by him to raise top pair on the turn after getting led into. But he did it anyways, and then he hit one of his 8 outs on the river. It is, what it is.

Yes ! hahahaha it's really hard to be defending crap:D

WelIt's just a shame because I was playing so well! this villain had already made some 69s call allin
l done to me:)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One more post about bad/good luck (also known as dispersion).

There were mistakes on both sides.

What post about bad luck? as far as i know i put a hand. is this an opinion that you have on this hand?

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's one of those cases when after the flop your mind says don't call this bet, you have second pair. The devil on the shoulder says but what if I make trips or two pair on the turn, why not. You make the call knowing you're making a mistake, then you make 2 pair on turn and you're on clud nine, you feel like a genius for making the call only to be mocked on the river and going out of the tournament. So many opposite emotions in just a few seconds :)

Perfect description!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting

Your hand is a fold preflop because there are too many ways to be dominated postflop and as you discovered this is one of the many ways to hit and lose this hand.

If it was J9-8 even 7 you could at least have some straight equity but you are playing a hand that versus a UTG open might be dominated flush- might be dominated J -might have to hit 2 cards to win and then still lose as you did. The V could have KK there as well.

That is just 1 V the SB range can have you dominated as well, as they will call with better Jx there and diamonds plus because they call so many Jx hands that means most runouts will miss your J which is not a bad thing to happen when you might only have 22% equity versus the two villains. Based on The AdKs hand and a possible 66 77 hand in SB

If the utg had a QQ+ preflop you are 15% to win three way SB 66 77 88 12% if SB has JT

In a cash game we can play this hand, lose and rebuy but in a tournament we have to protect our stack- so it is good that you are aggro but you will have better spots versus this table of villains.

The UTG player over plays single pair hands so we do not have to take a 15% hand preflop and try to suck out with it.Thanks for the answer ! I really did it knowing the risk but after the two preflop and post flop mistakes I knew the turn was way ahead. it was over 80%, I took that punishment from the deck:) well done:D

Using the Cardschat equity calculator you only have 17.58% on the flop after the SB folds and very little reason to think the UTG is bluffing.
It is important to know what mistakes our villains make and the standard villain does not big bet a KJ4 2 flush board with AQ TT or other hands expecting SB and BB to fold often enough for us to think we are best here and can call a big turn bet.

Hope this helps
:):)

Thanks for the answer ! I really did it knowing the risk but after the two preflop and post flop mistakes I knew the turn was way ahead. it was over 80%, I took that punishment from the deck well done

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry if I offended you.

It didn't offend me, my friend. I just found your opinion vague for this hand has so many things to say ... And we also ended up posting more hands in which we fell out of the tournament, than in this case: either you played badly, or suffered a badbet. A hug!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It didn't offend me, my friend. I just found your opinion vague for this hand has so many things to say ... And we also ended up posting more hands in which we fell out of the tournament, than in this case: either you played badly, or suffered a badbet. A hug!

It is very common in this and other poker forums, that people share hands, where they got it in good, and then they got drawn out on. If you are completely honest with yourself, would this hand have ended up in a forum, if the river card had been a brick like 2d rather than 4d pairing the board and giving your opponent a better two pair? My guess is, it would probably not ;)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very common in this and other poker forums, that people share hands, where they got it in good, and then they got drawn out on. If you are completely honest with yourself, would this hand have ended up in a forum, if the river card had been a brick like 2d rather than 4d pairing the board and giving your opponent a better two pair? My guess is, it would probably not ;)

yes it is true my dear! I certainly wouldn't even remember to post ... but although I sometimes post some badbeats in my favor just to make fun of ...