Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
Won me a 16.50 ticket from OTR Ontiltradio.com 2/533 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then put my ticket into this 16.50 2k gtd
d75517cbd42c90ad6092be2e1b651c4e.png

f662834116002acbe7620b85cb970c46.png

d1956748b465d4445d148de385a5e58e.png

I would love to hear everyone's two cents about the good and the bad sides of this play

5431cb41d79589bc450ccfc1c7f8a37d.png

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Preflop might be whatever he had, but I am measuring his post flop raise

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Obviously there is risk to this play but I like it, I like turning your 1010 into a bluff here. Villain (whom I have played against and you probably have too) is a good player in my book or at least decent or better than me, however we want to say it I know he is not an idiot. He is cold 4 betting here which could be a product of how often you are 3 betting (which I dont know the dynamics of this table) but much more likely its because he is very strong here. I am not even sure he cold 4 bets AK here so I am thinking QQ, KK and AA and thats pretty much it. If that is indeed his range here then with the Ace on the board he much more likely to have KK and QQ and can he handle a raise in the way in which you made it and the answer will usually be no. Villain would, if they did bet a AA set here which I would think they would, would choose this sizing so I like their sizing and this could be AA but with card removal and the extremely narrow range of the cold 4 bet I think your move will pay off often and enough to make it + chip EV. So all in all, I like the move and you are playing their cards and not your own in this spot. Im not sure I would call pre flop but that is another matter and you are specifically asking about the raise on the flop.

One risk here is though that lets say you did have AQ or AK here. With the board being so dry would we raise Ax here or would be putting villain on KK or QQ and not want them to fold and therefor just call? I think villain may sniff this one out a time or two depending on how much they are thinking because all your huge hands would not want to blow villain off theirs. I still like the play and think its good since you will get a lot of folds and you would have to (imo) bluff somewhere along the line to win this hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Obviously we are not folding TT here, but we can also mix in some calls. Facing the 4-bet is a pretty gross spot to be honest. He is giving you good pot odds, but you are actually not getting great odds to setmine, and TT is near the bottom of your 3-betting range as far as pocket pairs go. So I almost want to just fold here, but I can see solvers wanting us to at least partially call with TT, and I dont think, this is a mistake.

Flop
The first thing I want to talk about here is your statement, that you "put him on KK". This is never the way, we want to think about a poker hand. He has a range not a hand, and its very likely, he is playing his entire range this way with a small C-bet. This is exactly, what solvers say, he is supposed to do. So what is his cold 4-betting range then? If its balanced, it should be something like QQ+, AK, AQs. We can discuss, if its wider or narrower, but its something of this nature, and right off the bat you dont beat anything, once that A has hit the board.

So you cant call here, even you are getting 4:1. The next question is, can you turn your hand into a bluff, which I assume is, what you were doing. And I think, this is actually a GTO play. Maybe you can have KQs, but that block a lot of the hands, you want him to fold, which TT does not. So TT is actually the ideal hand to bluff with here, and if you go for this line, and he call, you should be ready to empty the clip on the turn. Personally I probably just bail out here either preflop or on the flop, but I like your line considering, that this is a somewhat higher buyin and a presumably good opponent, who is able to fold hands like QQ or KK postflop.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands