$150 NLHE MTT: Bubble tournament live at risk

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GG Master 150$ freezout, 539 places paid, 591 remaining players.

3x folds, hero (hijack) raises 2bb (AsTs, 20bb stack, 364 place currently), 3 x folds, BB (chip leader of table with 52 bb) all in, hero???

I don't like play on bubble against players who can put my tournament live in danger, but ATS think to good to not open.

Generally in the bubble, with middle stack I play tighter ranges, but how often should I call of player who can easly raising me all in with wide range. Should I call of looser because of that or mayby tigher because ICM.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the open and sizing. Agree that this hand is too good to not open with and you are at a stack to me that I would not jam A10 suited. I think a little better hand like AQ suited, AK suited, 1010-QQ I would just jam but A10 suited has few hands that are worse than ours that will call a jam where the hands I mentioned that I would jam could be called by worse. I think on this stack you have to play the hand as you did and if someone like the BB wants to be the bully we have to eat it and let them bully us a little. My plan would be to have a number of BBs in my head (probably 13-15 BBs personally) where if this same spot came up I would not be min opening but would just be jamming it. Sounds possibly a little weird but I would not be mad to get A10 suited all in here with 15 BBs or less against a BB player like this but I would not want to get 20 BBs in. So again, in this spot I would min raise as you did hoping to get a fold or possibly see a flop but if I get raised Id pitch it even though I could be folding the best hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My instinct is, that this is a correct open, and that we need to make a disciplined fold given the ICM-pressure this close to the bubble. I plugged the scenario into ICMizer telling the program, it was a GG Poker 1.100-man with 200 players left (179 places paying) and an average stack size of 25BB. This should be more than close enough to the actual scenario, and sure enough ICMizer only has us calling with 88+, AQ+, AJs. ICMizer has Villain pushing 38% of hands, which is extremely wide. So if anything we should probably call even tighter than suggested by ICMizer.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dumb ass would probably call - and see villain jamming a weaker suited ace - or a medium pocket pair, and then I miss and he hits, but I think your open and fold are both optimal choices.

How'd the event turn out?

Organize a Home Poker Game