$150 NLHE MTT: $150 live: How to get Maximum Value?

timiroberts

timiroberts

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was from a live tournament at a cardroom that I've never played at before. I have no reads on the villain other than that, if he is like the other players, he isn't a thinking opponent.

Hero is in SB with KK. Around equal stacks (20+bb-ish)

Villain raises from MP to around 3xbb. Hero raises, villain calls.

Flop comes out 4-9-10, two spades. Hero bets around 2/3 pot, villain snap calls.

Turn 4, not a spade. Hero bets between 1/2 and 2/3 the pot. Villain thinks and calls.

At this point, I'm pretty sure he has either a 10 (unlikely since I am pretty sure he would be raising me as these players have been doing with TP) or more likely a flush draw.

River, my money card. King of spades.

Now, our stacks are right around pot, maybe a little more if I remember correctly. How do I maximize my value in this spot?

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry but this scenario isn't making sense to me for stack & pot sizes. With 20bb you should have had your stack committed on the flop assuming

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have 20BB then you should be shipping over the 3x raise.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3x pre, assuming you 3b to 6 for arguments sake. Bet 2/3 the pot on flop = 8bb, that's 14bb in already and pot around 30bb so how do you bet turn Over half pot when you only have 6bb left?

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your story doesn't make sense. Probably need both to have about 100BB for that story to make sense. And the above.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I check that river. If he hit his flush or had anything he will raise you, then you can check raise and he may 3 bet u thinking u r bluffing. U can then 4 bet to all in. Assuming you at this point have him pot commited. That is how I do it

Organize a Home Poker Game