Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
$
GG Masters 150$ second lvl

CO (107bb stack) raises 2,2bb, hero 3bets from sb to 7,3bb (122bb stack), CO calls

FLOP 6s4s4h (16,6bb)

hero bets 6,1bb, villain calls

TURN 2s (28,8bb)

hero checks, villain bets 21,6bb, hero calls

I decided to check to pot controll, do you barrel it on turn? After I checked he decided to bet, with pretty scary sizing,

River
Qc (73bb)

hero checks, villain bets 54bb (20,4bb remaining)

Don't know what to do here completely.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A big part of this hand is whether or not you have the Ace of spades and you dont mention whether you do or not. Im going to guess that you dont so that means there are a lot more flush draws which turns into a flush that villain could have. I think the sizing pre flop could be a little bigger since we are over 100 BBs deep but I dont think it is too much of a mistake the sizing you make it if at all.

Flop is where I usually would agree with you to go small here on this type of board but at the same time there are a lot of hands here that villain could potentially float with (Ace broadway) or hands they are happy to continue with even to a larger sizing like two spades or like pocket pair hands 77-1010. The 77-1010 might raise flop or they could just call given your range includes all the premium pairs but my point is that a lot will call here if you made it 8.5 or 9 BBs.

On the turn assuming we do not have the ace of spades I can see it either way. I could see checking here (but not to check fold) or I can see continuing to value bet here with a whole new batch of one spade hands that will call us. I think I like betting here more than checking and not giving one spade hands a free draw should villain check behind. Of course if we have the ace of spades here then we dont have to worry about that and villain flush hands are much less numerous. If we bet and then get raised I think we need to evaluate everything we know up to this point and make a decision based on sizing.

On the river as played I would check and then generally bluff catch or I would fold if it was an all in bet. Villain set themselves up for almost an exact river shove and then they decide not to do it and bet all but 20 BBs of their stack. This is odd to me as I dont know why the nut flush would not put it all in here but leave themselves with 20 BBs behind after their bet. The bet sizing makes me think they do not have the nuts here (which still could be a flush) so without knowing anything else I am slightly leaning towards calling here expecting to see a 77-99 hand some of the time, AQ with one spade sometimes, and of course the flush could be there as well.

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A big part of this hand is whether or not you have the Ace of spades and you dont mention whether you do or not. Im going to guess that you dont so that means there are a lot more flush draws which turns into a flush that villain could have. I think the sizing pre flop could be a little bigger since we are over 100 BBs deep but I dont think it is too much of a mistake the sizing you make it if at all.

Flop is where I usually would agree with you to go small here on this type of board but at the same time there are a lot of hands here that villain could potentially float with (Ace broadway) or hands they are happy to continue with even to a larger sizing like two spades or like pocket pair hands 77-1010. The 77-1010 might raise flop or they could just call given your range includes all the premium pairs but my point is that a lot will call here if you made it 8.5 or 9 BBs.

On the turn assuming we do not have the ace of spades I can see it either way. I could see checking here (but not to check fold) or I can see continuing to value bet here with a whole new batch of one spade hands that will call us. I think I like betting here more than checking and not giving one spade hands a free draw should villain check behind. Of course if we have the ace of spades here then we dont have to worry about that and villain flush hands are much less numerous. If we bet and then get raised I think we need to evaluate everything we know up to this point and make a decision based on sizing.

On the river as played I would check and then generally bluff catch or I would fold if it was an all in bet. Villain set themselves up for almost an exact river shove and then they decide not to do it and bet all but 20 BBs of their stack. This is odd to me as I dont know why the nut flush would not put it all in here but leave themselves with 20 BBs behind after their bet. The bet sizing makes me think they do not have the nuts here (which still could be a flush) so without knowing anything else I am slightly leaning towards calling here expecting to see a 77-99 hand some of the time, AQ with one spade sometimes, and of course the flush could be there as well.
Thanks for input, of course you conjecture well, I didn;t have A spade

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with HP300GOD about the flop and turn decisions. On the river I check-fold to this sizing. There are a ton of flushes on this board, and I dont see him valuebetting a worse hand with this sizing. So in order to bluffcatch here, it is very important to have a flush blocker, which you dont.

Folding in Poker