£15 NLHE MTT Rebuy: ££15 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Playing the river with a marginal made hand?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
£15 NLHE MTT Rebuy: ££15 NLHE MTT Rebuy: Playing the river with a marginal made hand?

Live tourney, fairly deep stacked, I am on the button with A2s, utg+1 raises to 2 BB, i call, so does sb and bb, so we go 4 ways to the flop.
Flop - 9 7 2 rainbow, everyone checks and im sensing weakness, + with my tight image i try to steal the pot with a 3/4 pot sized bet. Utg+1 calls, sb and bb fold.
Turn - 10, he checks again and once again i feel hes weak so bet about 5/8th pot, villain calls.
River - 3, so the board is 9 7 2 10 3, no flushes possible and villain checks to me. At this point im wondering if my pair of 2s is any good for showdown or can i only win the pot by making him fold, in the end I check behind him as im thinking i have a marginal hand and he could be trapping me, as the flop was fairly dry and maybe he has a set or over pair as he is utg +1 so i dont think hands like 10 8 or 8 6 are in his range.
Let me know what you think of this river spot and what would you do, ill reveal what happened soon ;)
As for my bets on the flop and turn it was because i sensed a lot of weakness so bluffed, normally i would not be betting in this situation :)

Flight777sem

Flight777sem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think that you win the hand with showdown. Considering he might’ve a set or over pair I’d probably give it up and check, if we keep betting and he 3 bets on us we will find ourselves in terrible position.
Ps. I’d mostly 3 bet him preflop and prefer to going flop heads up.

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think that you win the hand with showdown. Considering he might’ve a set or over pair I’d probably give it up and check, if we keep betting and he 3 bets on us we will find ourselves in terrible position.
Ps. I’d mostly 3 bet him preflop and prefer to going flop heads up.
Luckily he showed ace high so ive no idea what he was doing but i prefer a2s as a flat call pre flop tbf, i do need to work on 3 betting pre flop though :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands