$15 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked Rebuy: Set on the flop

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey poker mates I have a doubt about this hand. I checked it because the villain was playing bad.

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (25 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Ihackdaily (UTG): 17,487 (87 bb)
jcpots9813 (UTG+1): 16,619 (83 bb)
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP): 8,135 (41 bb)
capbam (MP+1): 24,370 (122 bb)
vatopkr (LP): 13,652 (68 bb)
w1r3d8s (CO): 10,000 (50 bb)
CB2424 (BU): 17,260 (86 bb)
KrolLyfe (SB): 7,551 (38 bb)
Jpoker_MN_23 (BB): 8,384 (42 bb)

Pre-Flop: (525) Hero (vatopkr) is LP with T T
2 players fold, ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) raises to 400, 1 fold, vatopkr (LP) 3-bets to 900, 4 players fold, ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) calls 500

Flop: (2,325) 4 T Q (2 players)
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) checks, vatopkr (LP) checks

Turn: (2,325) 9 (2 players)
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) bets 1,163, vatopkr (LP) raises to 4,651, ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) raises to 7,210 (all-in), vatopkr (LP) calls 2,559

River: (16,745) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 16,745

Showdown:
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) shows A 8 (a flush, Ace high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 32%, Flop: 6%, Turn: 23%, River: 100%)

vatopkr (LP) shows T T (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 68%, Flop: 94%, Turn: 77%, River: 0%)

ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) wins 16,745

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey poker mates I have a doubt about this hand. I checked it because the villain was playing bad.

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - 100/200 (25 ante) - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Ihackdaily (UTG): 17,487 (87 bb)
jcpots9813 (UTG+1): 16,619 (83 bb)
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP): 8,135 (41 bb)
capbam (MP+1): 24,370 (122 bb)
vatopkr (LP): 13,652 (68 bb)
w1r3d8s (CO): 10,000 (50 bb)
CB2424 (BU): 17,260 (86 bb)
KrolLyfe (SB): 7,551 (38 bb)
Jpoker_MN_23 (BB): 8,384 (42 bb)

Pre-Flop: (525) Hero (vatopkr) is LP with T T
2 players fold, ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) raises to 400, 1 fold, vatopkr (LP) 3-bets to 900, 4 players fold, ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) calls 500

Flop: (2,325) 4 T Q (2 players)
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) checks, vatopkr (LP) checks

Turn: (2,325) 9 (2 players)
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) bets 1,163, vatopkr (LP) raises to 4,651, ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) raises to 7,210 (all-in), vatopkr (LP) calls 2,559

River: (16,745) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: 16,745

Showdown:
ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) shows A 8 (a flush, Ace high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 32%, Flop: 6%, Turn: 23%, River: 100%)

vatopkr (LP) shows T T (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 68%, Flop: 94%, Turn: 77%, River: 0%)

ComeOnMyHand!!! (MP) wins 16,745

Pre
Oh boy...the min-click....

Well, I think this hand plays either way, call/3-bet, but I think I prefer 3-bet. However, the sizing needs to be bigger, I'd say at least $1,400. Your $900 3-bet did isolate you, so I'll give it that, but villain's simply getting too good a price to fold any hands.

Flop
Ok, so you flop set.... great.... why are we checking? In position no less? This is a category 1 hand, and a hand you're going to go 3-streets for value with. This should be a 1/2 - 3/4 pot, C-bet almost every time.

Turn
Again... why are we raising?
1. Get value from a worse hand
2. Get a better hand to fold

Are worse hands going to call you? Are better hands going to fold? I think neither is true.
Then flat-calling this guy's 4-bet - I don't think there's any version of such a call being profitable - unless this guy's just a maniac, and you know that - even then...

The 9 is a horrible card for you, so this is probably a call, but we're not loving it.

River
Holy shit.... Yeah ok, whatever.... when villain does shit like this, just say good game. Just the same though, we made several mistakes here that would have drastically changed the outcome of the hand.

Imagine if we had, first of all adjusted our size pre-flop to 1400. Villain calls.

3300 in the pot

We fire 2200... villain only has 6800 behind. If he jams, we call happily. If he calls, it gets a little trickier, especially with the 9 binks the turn, but the point is that our decisions are much easier.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Against a larger raise from early position I usually flat TT, but against a mini-raise I agree with 3-betting. Mostly because I dont want to create a multiway pot or get squeezed by someone behind. Your sizing is to small though. You are pricing him in to call with any two cards, and this is not, what you want. You want hands like AJ or KQ to fold, since they have almost 50% equity. I typically go to 7 BB against a miniraise, if there are no field callers. So would be 1.400 chips on this blind level.

Flop
I really hate checking back. You dont have top set, so he have plenty of hands, that can call, like AQ, KQ, draws. Just make a simple bet for value, and had you sized correctly preflop, you could set it up for an easy turn jam.

Turn
Since the pot should now have been much bigger, I dont even really care about analysing this turn. But as played I like your raise, and of course with intention to stack it off. The runout is, what it is.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre
Oh boy...the min-click....

Well, I think this hand plays either way, call/3-bet, but I think I prefer 3-bet. However, the sizing needs to be bigger, I'd say at least $1,400. Your $900 3-bet did isolate you, so I'll give it that, but villain's simply getting too good a price to fold any hands.

Flop
Ok, so you flop set.... great.... why are we checking? In position no less? This is a category 1 hand, and a hand you're going to go 3-streets for value with. This should be a 1/2 - 3/4 pot, C-bet almost every time.

Turn
Again... why are we raising?
1. Get value from a worse hand
2. Get a better hand to fold

Are worse hands going to call you? Are better hands going to fold? I think neither is true.
Then flat-calling this guy's 4-bet - I don't think there's any version of such a call being profitable - unless this guy's just a maniac, and you know that - even then...

The 9 is a horrible card for you, so this is probably a call, but we're not loving it.

River
Holy shit.... Yeah ok, whatever.... when villain does shit like this, just say good game. Just the same though, we made several mistakes here that would have drastically changed the outcome of the hand.

Imagine if we had, first of all adjusted our size pre-flop to 1400. Villain calls.

3300 in the pot

We fire 2200... villain only has 6800 behind. If he jams, we call happily. If he calls, it gets a little trickier, especially with the 9 binks the turn, but the point is that our decisions are much easier.
Thanks a lot bro ! I am going to work more in my size betting. At the same time , I need to play with the stack of my opponent.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
Against a larger raise from early position I usually flat TT, but against a mini-raise I agree with 3-betting. Mostly because I dont want to create a multiway pot or get squeezed by someone behind. Your sizing is to small though. You are pricing him in to call with any two cards, and this is not, what you want. You want hands like AJ or KQ to fold, since they have almost 50% equity. I typically go to 7 BB against a miniraise, if there are no field callers. So would be 1.400 chips on this blind level.

Flop
I really hate checking back. You dont have top set, so he have plenty of hands, that can call, like AQ, KQ, draws. Just make a simple bet for value, and had you sized correctly preflop, you could set it up for an easy turn jam.

Turn
Since the pot should now have been much bigger, I dont even really care about analysing this turn. But as played I like your raise, and of course with intention to stack it off. The runout is, what it is.
Well I need to learn form my mistakes. Thanks mate for the advice and thanks a lot for review my hand.