Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
My first live tournament, I am sitting on 37k chips, 50k starting stack, I got 70bb. Villain covers me.

Folds to us, We raises from Co (AhAd) 2,5bb, BU calls,BB calls.

Flop 3h4h5s (9bb pot)

BB checks, hero checks, BU bets 18bb, BB folds, hero calls

Turn 3h4h5s8d (pot 44bb)
2x checks

River 3h4h5s8d2c (44bb)
hero checks, villain all in, hero remaining stack 50bb???

It is very strange hand, I could probably betting flop, or check raise all in, I didn;t play with villain many hand but, my intuition was that he was guy who could do it with nothing, but, he is also not capable of folding overpair, when I raises, even if he has set, which i doubt , I don't drawing dead, so I think all in on flop was in my opinion the best play.

What about river it looks like 66, flush draw missed ( I block nuts one). Should I consider folding AA?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard raise and sizing.

Flop
I like your decision to check this very coordinated flop especially against two opponents. This is definitely not a situation, where we should be looking to play a massive pot with just one pair. BTN overbetting 2X the pot is definitely unusual, and it kind of throw the idea of pot control out the window. Even so I would also call here, because he could be doing this for protection with a worse one pair hand like A5 or a small overpair.

Turn
Very happy he checked back.

River
You improved to a wheel straight, but of course the issue is, any hand with a 6 has a higher straight. And I think, he could have that and play it this way. hands like 66, 65s or 64s makes kind of sense, because he like to fold out overcards, and if he is behind, he at least have equity with an OESD. I will rule out 76s though, because I dont think, it makes any sense to bomb the flop with the nuts and scare his action away.

He could have a busted flushdraw, but I dont see, why a flushdraw would bomb the flop. A smaller sizing should get enough folds, and if he get raised, he has painted himself into a corner and pretty much have to stack off while behind. You are also not getting great odds needing to be good around 1 in 3 times. So personally I fold here and live to fight another day. You still have 50BB left, which is a perfectly workable stack.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All-in on the flop is not the best play- calling the flop is the best play-- if we shove for 50bb they fold all the hands we can get value from and call with all the high equity hands----you are not blocking the nuts you are blocking the second nuts- 6x is the nuts on the river

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't like the 2x pot bet on the flop at all. That can easily be because he has a pocket pair that he wasn't expecting to be top pair. And 66 definitely fits in that category.