Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NL Holdem $0.11+$0.01 (800.00BB)
SB ($95089) [VPIP: 28.6% | PFR: 9.5% | AGG: 16.7% | hands: 21]
BB ($67884) [VPIP: 9.5% | PFR: 4.8% | AGG: 0% | Hands: 21]
UTG ($38460) [VPIP: 14.3% | PFR: 14.3% | AGG: 75% | Hands: 21]
HERO ($76249) [VPIP: 52.1% | PFR: 30.7% | AGG: 31.4% | Flop Agg: 47% | Turn Agg: 31.1% | River Agg: 42% | 3-Bet: 13.6% | 4-Bet: 31.8% | Hands: 634]
MP ($12468) [VPIP: 80% | PFR: 60% | AGG: 0% | Hands: 5]
HJ ($35282) [VPIP: 33.3% | PFR: 4.8% | AGG: 31.6% | Flop Agg: 28.6% | Turn Agg: 40% | River Agg: 50% | 3-Bet: 0% | 4-Bet: 0% | Cold Call: 50% | Hands: 21]
CO ($85538) [VPIP: 28.6% | PFR: 28.6% | AGG: 27.3% | Hands: 21]
BTN ($39760) [VPIP: 28.6% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 21.4% | Hands: 21]

Dealt to Hero: Q K

UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $2100, MP Folds, HJ Calls $2000, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Folds

Hero SPR on Flop: [5.53 effective]
Flop ($6000): 7 5 K
HERO Bets $3100 (Rem. Stack: $71049), HJ Calls $3100 (Rem. Stack: $30082)

Turn ($12200): 7 5 K K
HERO Bets $6100 (Rem. Stack: $64949), HJ Calls $6100 (Rem. Stack: $23982)

River ($24400): 7 5 K K A
HERO Bets $64949 (allin), HJ Calls $23982 (allin)

HJ shows: A A

HJ wins: $72364

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the blinds situation here, like 50/100, 250/500 or 500/1000? i think you played it fine as above, maybe check the river but it will be too close to overfolding our good hands

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You didn't do anything wrong in this hand. I would have expected the AA to re-raise you preflop and on the flop. Nothing wrong here, you just got very UL on the river.

R

Ryudo9999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ah thanks this seems like it happens every game i play so im almost about to give up even tho ive been studying for months now lol maybe i just need more games played.:confused:

R

Ryudo9999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what is the blinds situation here, like 50/100, 250/500 or 500/1000? i think you played it fine as above, maybe check the river but it will be too close to overfolding our good hands
i think i remember going in for 64bb so probably 500/1000

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make a note on villain that they do not 3 bet even with premium hands, they will only flat so in the future know that flat calls to your raise against this player could and will include premium hands.

Looking at the hand, you started the hand with 94 ish big blinds so your pre flop raise sizing is fine imo as it is a little over 2.5x. You could also 3x here if you wanted to but should go no lower than 2.5x.

Your flop bet sizing seems fine as you are betting for value so right around half pot is fine. If you are playing at a table where people are calling a lot you can go bigger and the opposite if playing at a table where people seem tight with their c bet calls.

On the turn I think you should bet bigger than you do since you already got a call meaning your opponent floated with nothing and will fold to almost any bet sizing or they have a a piece of something and will be empowered by the board pairing since their pair of 7s or pocket 8s type hands look a lot better now. You will get called by worse hands here so I think you can go more like 2/3rds here if you want.

River is a massive overbet that should only be called by villain if they have Kx, or a set which now turned to a boat. Ax hands should fold here even if they are two pair which I know all villains wont do but a good chunk will. So in essence, you are making a bet on the river that will only get called by Kx, which given we account for 3 of them will be very few, or some set turned into a boat hand and that is it. I know this is a 12 cent tournament so I get the massive overbet jam of the river but if you move up in stakes this is not a play I would recommend. I would go more for a smaller value bet like 35% of pot since the calling range there should be narrow and a lot of it beats you. Again, at this level your play on the river has some merit if they really are calling stations but when you move up Im not loving it.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything here looks completely fine to me. The outcome is a bit unfortunate of course, but if we never valueown ourselfes on the river, then we are not valuebetting thin enough. And I certainly dont think, we can check-fold the river with a hand this strong. So my only suggestion is to bet a little more on the turn to set it up for an easier river jam. You bet half pot on turn and almost full pot on river, and it would be better to distribute it a bit more equally. I dont think, it would have made any difference to the outcome though, because he is probably not folding AA on the turn, and we dont want him to either.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
nothing you can do it's just poker, i will do the same thing that you did

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a hand like this its always a good exercise to ask ourselfes, how it would have played out, if the roles were reversed. The opponent would likely have limped KQs, since he was so passive, and then he would have called our isolation raise with AA. So the pot would have been slightly larger with an SPR of only around 3, and its very fair to say, that all the chips would have gone in one way or another, when he flopped top pair, and we had the overpair. So if the roles were reserved, we would also have dubbled up, and then per definition its pretty much just a cooler.

Coolers are a neutral EV wash in the long run, so we just need to suck up the short term variance and move on to the next hand. And there are loads of situations like these in poker. Even just in my last few sessions I had several instances of running AK into AA or running KK into AA. And its just whatever. Good for the opponent. Next tournament please. There is nothing we can do to avoid these situations, and we will be on the good end of them just as often as the bad one. So they just dont matter, and we should not waste brain power analysing them or worrying about them.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think i remember going in for 64bb so probably 500/1000
Make a note on villain that they do not 3 bet even with premium hands, they will only flat so in the future know that flat calls to your raise against this player could and will include premium hands.
this
With a hand like this its always a good exercise to ask ourselfes, how it would have played out, if the roles were reversed. The opponent would likely have limped KQs, since he was so passive, and then he would have called our isolation raise with AA. So the pot would have been slightly larger with an SPR of only around 3, and its very fair to say, that all the chips would have gone in one way or another, when he flopped top pair, and we had the overpair. So if the roles were reserved, we would also have dubbled up, and then per definition its pretty much just a cooler.
and this, is why i asked about the blinds situation above

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and this, is why i asked about the blinds situation above

It can be slightly confusing, when you see this kind of hand history for the first time. But "(800.00BB)" in the title mean, that the blinds were 800/400. So the effective stack size was around 45BB, since HJ started with 35282. This by the way is one of the many advantages of using the free hand history converter here on the site.

R

Ryudo9999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to convert it but it said it had already been converted by drivehud 2 last time i did text then reconverted using the website i guess that is a better way?