$114455 NLHE MTT: $1.1-5.5 NLHE MTT: $micro NLHE MTT: Some exciting bad-beats on micro levels

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry for the title, I'm still struggling to find the right way to put my thoughts into it with the less infos, even when theres multiple buy-ins, but next time I will learn from this mistake hopefully.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi :)

I collected my most memorable micro-level deep bad beats of the last 2 weeks, and interesting on how you seeing them. :)

Hand1 (Hot 4.4$ ko in money: :ah4::jc4: from dealer)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624ZvZKAL

Hand2 (5.5$ winter series ko in money: :qd4::as4: from UTG+1)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/124ZlW1gh

Hand3 (turbo zoom 1.1$ FT: :10s4::9c4: from BB)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624YQLh1y

Thank you :beer:

Thank you for posting.

2 points regarding all hands

1 Bad Beat usually means we have a strong advantage and our V suck out on us these hands do not fit that definition well and the AT hand is a cooler not a bad beat.

How we perceive the reasons for our results matters for our continued improvement.

2 Each hand has strategy errors in it that can be improved upon to help you with your ROI.

To grow we want to focus on our play and improve on that as there is nothing we can do about bad beats.

Hand 1 flop sizing is incorrect we are building a pot for all the draws on a wet board that smashes the blinds ranges.
Turn sizing is incorrect vs your player pool- once we pass a certain threshold of V's stack size 70% bet size we go all-in if we think draws are not folding.
River we do not need to thin value this river as the K crushes the V's drawing call range on turn. So check back save the 6k

Hand 2
Why check the turn? why give the flush draw or straight draw a free card? Why check raise 77 if they bet turn? Why give up control of the pot?

Hand 3
Why lead flop on this board? What range are you targeting?
Why are you expecting Ax to play for stacks when you bet every street?
Why bet so large on river? What bluffs do you have?

Hope this helps
:):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 AJo

Preflop
Standard open and min-raise is fine when this short.

Flop
This is a very coordinated board, so we need to be carefull with a top pair or overpair type hand, that dont have any draw. I could actually see checking back this flop to see a safe turn card before starting to put chips in the pot. I dont hate the C-bet either though, we just need to be prepared to get away from this hand later on, if the runout and/or action gets ugly.

Turn
Great turn card which increased your equity against their range, and I strongly discount 2 pair+ from their range now, because I think, a lot of the time these hands would have raised us on the flop. So I like my hand much more now, and definitely going for some value. I dont like your sizing though. You are deep enough to make this a standard 3 street hand, and this would be my preferred line. If the river card is ugly, you can just check back, and if someone donks into you, maybe fold.

The other option is to move all in. This will force them to either fold and give up their equity, or call it off incorrectly and without implied odds on the river. If you really just want to pick up the 20k in the middle and not risk getting drawn out on. But if you are going to take this line, then make it an actual all-in, especially in a PKO, where you can win one guys bounty. Leaving yourself 9k behind does nothing other than allow him to potentially call you with a hand like A9 of spades and then fold on the river, when he miss, so that you dont win his entire stack or his bounty.

River
I would never see the river like this, so it pretty much dont matter. But assuming you had gone for a more normal turn sizing like 12k leaving 20k behind, I would check back on this card. It does complete hands like KQ and KJ, and its also a scary card to all the hands, you are still ahead of. Even as played I dont see the point in going after the last 6k. Yeah there are some hands like QJ, J9 etc., that will probably call, but you are also going to get called by a lot of hands, that now beat you and/or were slowplaying, including the one he had.

Hand 2 AQo

Preflop
I love to 3-bet aggressively, but here we are UTG+1 against UTG, and even though its an 8-handed table, this is a very tight configuration. I dont want to get 4-bet, so I prefer to just call and then play some poker. Even folding would not be totally crazy, especially since he has us covered, and we mostly want to go to war with the shorter stacks, so we can win their bounties.

Flop
Your 3-bet got called by UTG and also cold called by BTN, which is pretty gross. Both ranges should contain a high density of pocket pairs, and a pocket pair is never folding on this board. So for me I am basically done with this hand. I am ok C-betting here in a 3-bet pot against just one opponent, but against two I think, this C-bet is just lighting chips on fire.

Turn
Great card obviously, and I can get behind a check. A lot of his range should be pocket pairs, and they are not going to love calling you down in a 3-bet pot, when the A is on the board. Checking here makes it look like, you also have a pocket pair and dont like the A, and then it becomes a guessing game on the river, which pocket pair is higher. As played obviously getting it in, when he bet full pot, and you have so little left behind.

Results
Its always annoying to lose a big pot to someone overplaying their hand, and then they get lucky and get there. But thats part of poker, and its players like this, that keep the game alive. I do think, you could have gotten away cheaper here by not 3-betting and bloating the pot preflop, and frankly also by simply check-folding the flop, when you pretty much missed completely in a multiway pot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 3 T9o

Preflop
Standard defend.

Flop
I dont see any real reason to go for a donk bet here. If he has an ace, he is probably going to bet it himself, or you can bet turn, bet river and still get two streets of value. And if he has air, he is just going to fold, where if you check, you allow him to do his C-bet thing and get at least one street of value from his nothing. Finally its not so great to get raised here, because while you have a strong hand, its not exactly the nuts. He can have hands like AA, AT, KT, QT or JT, which you are behind to.

Turn
As played standard bet for value.

River
This is a great card for us, because now we chop with KT, QT, JT, and we only lose to AA, AT and a very unlikely 22. Obviously betting for value here, and our sizing should basically depend on, how much we think, he will pay with AX. I personally probably go a bit smaller than 80% pot, but if he was a bit of a calling station, I can get on board with it. Now we get raised, and while I am not excited about that, I would also call. He is probably never bluffing, but we have to assume, we are chopping some percentage of the time, and we are getting around 4:1.

Results
A bit of an annoying cooler, but I think, you could have gotten away cheaper by simply check-calling him all the way down. At least he would then need to use overbetting to get the chips in. By leading out on the flop you helped him build the pot, so it was much easier for him to stack you on the river.