$1111 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: WSOP: AJo from the SB preflop facing a raise and callers

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$1111 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: WSOP: AJo from the SB preflop facing a raise and callers

WSOP Event #75 Little One for One Drop (3 starting days, unlimited rebuys)
Early in tourney: Level 1 Blinds 100/100 with no ante
Effective stacks ~40k (400bb)

Cards have been in the air for 8 hands. No known players; therefore not much information.

7-handed
LJ opens for 3x $300
HJ calls
BUT calls
SB our Hero has :as4: :jc4:

What action should SB Hero take? Why?

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold

If we call, we put ourselfes out of position in a 4-way pot with a hand, that tend to offer a lot of reverse implied odds, when we hit. If we 3-bet, we allow the original raiser to play near 100% perfect, and once again we have massive reverse implied odds, when we get action, and we hit. So calling sucks, and 3-betting also sucks = no other option left than to just fold and wait for the next hand.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case, I only call is a good hand and if it was me I would like to see the flop maybe I can get some chips.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AJo is not a great hand, especially when you get it out of position. Not worth 4betting but not worth folding either at this raise level, so it's a call to see the flop and how well it connects.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to agree with call. Hard to fold for such a small amount. Plus if initial raiser cbets, you'll get to see the other 2 players act before you have to decide anything. I think 3betting is better than folding, but calling to me is the clear-cut best play. AJ suited or AQ/AK would be easy 3bets most of the time for me.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The depth of the stacks allows you to call for a cheap see the flop and continue to act on the situation. Judging by the number of limpers, AJ’s hand at this stage of the tournament looks quite acceptable. As for the position, the players on the blinds are always out of position, but this does not mean that the blinds should not be defended. I apologize if something is wrong. I do not play at such large limits and therefore my reasoning for tournaments of this level may be irrelevant. Thank you for giving me attention. Good luck !!!:icon_bigs

WSOP