$1100 NLHE MTT Deep Stacked: Top Pair Top Kicker vs Raise + All-In Behind?

H

HumanPanda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MSPT Main Event

Just re-entered, 2nd orbit of the new table. No history with any players. Table is full of middle aged Midwestern males who are engaged in very friendly table talk. My guess is that most players knew each other, while I was the out-of-towner. Stack sizes were all very close to starting stacks.

Blinds 200/400 BB Ante 400

UTG+1- Hero opens for 900 :as4::js4: (20k)
UTG+2- Calls (21k)
CO- Calls (10k)
All others fold.

Flop is :jc4::8c4::5s4: (3700 pot)

Hero cbets for 2500
UTG+2 raises to 5500
CO goes all-in for remaining 9100.

Hero?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough fold. You're facing at least two pair to a set. One could be on a flush draw too. Tight fold would do.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
agressive players, this is a first hand?hero fold, of course, a lot of hands would beat you in this situation, JJ, 88,55, even Q9c

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold unless this is a rebuy mtt snd people might try to get a stack or rebuy.

H

HumanPanda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies.

I ended up jamming and instantly regretted it.

Original raiser had 67o and UTG+2 called with 10c9c

2d on the turn gave me hope, but Club fell on the river.

It wasn’t an easy decision in the moment, but now that I type it out, it was an easier fold than I thought.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think this is a tight fold. You happened to be up against two draws in this case but think without reads I would have put at least one opponent on two pair or better

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think UTG+2 got the set of 88.
CO had QcTc or Qc9c or Tc9c and he is a fish.
You must fold here in 100% of cases.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact you ended up facing two drawing hands was a miracle - I dont play at these levels but I would say more often than not one opponent has a made hand that beats yours. I would advocate for the tight fold here and only losing the minimum. Just so hard for us to be good here vs two opponents.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given the action behind you I think, this is a fold. Maybe I could get behind a call, if they were both short, but UTG+2 had you covered, and against him the stack to pot ratio was almost 6.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
CO could go all in with thirds, two pair and open ended plus flush draw. But I think CO could have raised TT+, AK, AQ on preflop, so I would delete JJ from his range. J8, J5 and 85 I think only suiteds he maybe could play them. So we have 6 combos for thirds, 6 combos for two pairs, 1 combo for Tc9c. Against J8 and J5 you has 3 outs, against 85 you have 5 outs, against thirds you are f... Almost impossible. You are risking the UTG+2 having some Third too. I think you have to fold it. But I perhaps would have commited on this hand without all this analisis.
Have Good Games, positivity and wisdom.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MSPT Main Event

Blinds 200/400 BB Ante 400

UTG+1- Hero opens for 900 :as4::js4: (20k)
UTG+2- Calls (21k)
CO- Calls (10k)
All others fold.

Flop is :jc4::8c4::5s4: (3700 pot)

Hero cbets for 2500
UTG+2 raises to 5500
CO goes all-in for remaining 9100.

Hero?
You have a TON of equity in this hand, perhaps as much as 65% if Vs are loose. The hands that make sense are JJ (which you block) 88 and 55. There *might* be a random J8s (which you block), but not thinking there are any 2-pairs happening. This is hard to fold, though if you are behind.. you are WAY behind.

What are Vs flatting with pre-flop? Pairs, suited connects? I think QQ+, AQs+, AKo 3bets. If a wide range like JJ-22,A2s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,98s,87s,A2o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo then I think you have to call.

That said, a ~min raise on the flop and a jam, I'm probably going take the nit route and fold. UGH

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the replies.

I ended up jamming and instantly regretted it.

Original raiser had 67o and UTG+2 called with 10c9c

2d on the turn gave me hope, but Club fell on the river.

It wasn’t an easy decision in the moment, but now that I type it out, it was an easier fold than I thought.
Now that I have read the hands the equity on the flop is like this....

Hero 32%
V1 15% what a horrible call pre-flop! We WANT to play against this type of player! :)
V2 52% AND the flush came :mad:

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The logic of the development of events indicates that at the moment you have the best hand. But the flop is very unfortunate for you. At least two options for a double-sided street draw and all kinds of flash draws are possible. The set is excluded otherwise there would not be a re-raise, let alone an all-in. In this situation, an easy fold against two opponents. I often play an ace of jack hand, but experts consider this hand unprofitable.:dancing2:

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The set is excluded otherwise there would not be a re-raise, let alone an all-in.
Is it possible that a set will bet for protection, meaning will a set go all-in to charge straight and flush draws the maximum?