$.11 NLHE MTT: You're always shoving here, right?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is just a bad beat, I think. I mean I got my money in as a 78% favorite and lost. This is the final 6 in a very low stakes tournament. I was chip leader and wake up with AA. When the UTG min raises, I shove. I guess I just want validation that shoving was the right thing even with ICM as a factor. 78% of the time, AA wins here, right? Not trying to be results-oriented. I am pretty sure I made the right play.

Hand History driven straight to this forum with DriveHUD Poker HUD and Database Software

NL Holdem $0.11+$0.01 (90000.00BB)
UTG ($1528277)
HJ ($1349378)
CO ($2458436)
BTN ($854227)
SB ($734640)
HERO ($1205042)

Dealt to Hero: A A

UTG Raises To $189000, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds, HERO Raises To $1205042 (allin), UTG Calls $1016042

Flop ($2491084): 2 5 Q

Turn ($2491084): 2 5 Q 4

River ($2491084): 2 5 Q 4 K

UTG shows: J T

UTG wins: $2491084

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes shoving is right play there. You got unlucky but not as bad as me just now. Just posted mine in bad beat section. Similar to you I shoved with AA and got called by AK. Three heart flop and I have Ah. Turn and river come KK no heart. The only way I could lose after flop. odds calculator had my at 99.9% after flop. Very discouraging but I tell myself I played it right. I believe you did too. Got your money in as big favourite but AA will lose about 20% of time based on preflop heads up. Keep getting it in good and hope they hold next time.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yours was worse, unfortunately. But as you said, AA will lose 20% of the time. Thanks for responding and confirming my decision. Over the long run, we want JTs to call our shoves with AA!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just looking again you said you were chip leader but looks to me that you are 4/6 which makes your shove even more validated.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don't shove this hand, what else would you shove? Right play, wrong outcome

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just looking again you said you were chip leader but looks to me that you are 4/6 which makes your shove even more validated.

Oh my bad! Yes. You are correct again!

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes shoving is right play there. You got unlucky but not as bad as me just now. Just posted mine in bad beat section. Similar to you I shoved with AA and got called by AK. Three heart flop and I have Ah. Turn and river come KK no heart. The only way I could lose after flop. Odds calculator had my at 99.9% after flop. Very discouraging but I tell myself I played it right. I believe you did too. Got your money in as big favourite but AA will lose about 20% of time based on preflop heads up. Keep getting it in good and hope they hold next time.
That"s almost unbelievable, only saw it happening once, where a guy needed runner runner 9's and got it, but at least he had 3 cards on the deck I guess. Anyway, I hope this tournament wan't that important and kudos to you for managing it so well, with that mindset you're more likely to make money. Just lost 100BB pot for a bounty w AA vs KQ and I lost on the river. Wish you luck.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You only had 13BB, and with a stack this short you can actually slowplay AA and KK in the big blind. That allow the opponent to catch up by flopping a pair, or maybe they choose to bluff, and then you can check-jam the flop and get it in. But that being said, if he is calling a 13BB rejam preflop with JTs, then rejamming is certainly fine as well. The reason to not rejam would be, if you just get a lot of folds, because then your cards almost dont even matter. As played you got the perfect result but just not the perfect runout. As you know already, thats poker :)