$11 NLHE MTT Turbo: $11HE MTT Turbo: $11HE MTT Turbo: Am I open shoving this ?

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 2500/5000 300 ante and I look down at 9s 9d UTG I have 48k. Table hadn't been too active but some open shoving had been taking down hands preflop a lot. I do open shove this and end up getting called in two spots by AJo UTG +1 and AQo in the sb who both have me covered flop is safe then a Jack hits the turn and river bricks out to give UTG +1 the pot and eliminate me. Do we feel this is correct with around 6-7 BB effective ? Or should I wait for a better spot?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah the shove here is correct in fact id be shoving here with pair of 4's upwards. Remember if you keep hanging on for a better spot you may have so little equity left that you get more calls or you win a double up but you still finding yourself in push/fold mode.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the shove here is correct in fact id be shoving here with pair of 4's upwards. Remember if you keep hanging on for a better spot you may have so little equity left that you get more calls or you win a double up but you still finding yourself in push/fold mode.

Yeah the shove is good, I think 4s might be a little wide I'm thinking 7s+, maybe 66 if the tables been tight. But the blinds hit us next hand so you're probably right.

Idk man sometimes I shove tighter than I should, but I always try to consider my equity vs a calling range when I jam so I''d much rather 89s or like J9os before I considered 44. Not trying to argue, just trying to open a dialogue.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah the shove is good, I think 4s might be a little wide I'm thinking 7s+, maybe 66 if the tables been tight. But the blinds hit us next hand so you're probably right.

Idk man sometimes I shove tighter than I should, but I always try to consider my equity vs a calling range when I jam so I''d much rather 89s or like J9os before I considered 44. Not trying to argue, just trying to open a dialogue.

See I wouldn't go as low as 89s I'd say T9s would be my lowest on tight table, offsuit KQ is probably lowest I'm going. What we need to remember is 44 is a made hand suited connectors etc we need to hit the board. If we were in late position I'd push much wider than this.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See I wouldn't go as low as 89s I'd say T9s would be my lowest on tight table, offsuit KQ is probably lowest I'm going. What we need to remember is 44 is a made hand suited connectors etc we need to hit the board. If we were in late position I'd push much wider than this.

This is what fascinates me, it's like our mindsets are complete opposites here. I'm button or bvb shoving 44 all day, maybe even CO but not with the entire table to get through. But I'll shove random junk from utg without thinking twice about it. Maybe that's why I'm not good at teh pokerz lmfao.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what fascinates me, it's like our mindsets are complete opposites here. I'm button or bvb shoving 44 all day, maybe even CO but not with the entire table to get through. But I'll shove random junk from utg without thinking twice about it. Maybe that's why I'm not good at teh pokerz lmfao.

With 10 BB on the button if it folds to me my shoving range is huge 22+ A2o+ K2o+ Q2o+ J2s+ J5o+ T2s+ T7o+ 93s+ 96o+ 84s+ 86o+ 74s+ 76o 63s+ 65o 53s+ 43s. 9 times out of 10 its inducing a fold

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'm thinking it was the correct play. Just wanted to see how others would approach the same spot. Thanks guys

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion you acted correctly. With a pair in hand his game was winning the hand and the idea of betting everything would be to attract only one player, who could be an AK or AQ. Unfortunately an AJ has won, but that's part of the game.

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this distribution, you don’t need to look at what you were accepted. Well AJ and AQ went into distribution, and what? You are now focusing on the result, if there were 88 and 88 of this post now, it would not be .. Or everyone would fold. Friend, this is an easy push to fit your stack.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point getting 99 on your stack is a dream shoving opportunity. Fist-pump, high-five your friends and jam it.